FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Reseting all menu positions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kayman001

Post Tue May 27, 2014 10:39 pm

Reseting all menu positions

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to reset all the Menu positions to their original starting position. Upon changing monitors, I had to adjust my Window layouts and resolution. This led to some of my menus being rendered invisible.
The only walk around was the recreation of my character set that was affected.

Also, is there a method by which I can turn off all the menus at once? I have created toggles for individual menus, but this is not efficient for let us say when I need to take a screen shot, or turn off all menus speedily.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue May 27, 2014 11:15 pm

Re: Reseting all menu positions

kayman001 wrote:I am wondering if there is a way to reset all the Menu positions to their original starting position. Upon changing monitors, I had to adjust my Window layouts and resolution. This led to some of my menus being rendered invisible.
The only walk around was the recreation of my character set that was affected.

If you're moving the Menus and then saving them through the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel, their positions are being saved in XML files located in your Inner Space/Scripts folder. Without the Character Set currently loaded, you can delete the XML files related to the Menus for specific Character Sets in order to reset the positions back to default.

kayman001 wrote:Also, is there a method by which I can turn off all the menus at once? I have created toggles for individual menus, but this is not efficient for let us say when I need to take a screen shot, or turn off all menus speedily.

Use the Mapped Key Wizard to create a Menu Toggler for toggling any Menus that you'd like.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 27, 2014 11:37 pm

Under New Menu Action the third section has a radio button option for "Remove all Menus." This option will hide any Menu that's visible if you're using various togglers or Action Timer Groups to show and hide different Menus at different times.
<<

kayman001

Post Wed May 28, 2014 11:13 pm

Thank you very much.
I managed to reset the menu positions through deletion of the specified XML files. Also, as you kindly suggested, the mapped Key wizard allows the creation of a toggle through which multiple menus can be turned off at once on first press and back on, on second press. That was exactly what I was looking for.

firescue17 wrote:Under New Menu Action the third section has a radio button option for "Remove all Menus." This option will hide any Menu that's visible if you're using various togglers or Action Timer Groups to show and hide different Menus at different times.

I am wondering, where do you go to choose 'New Menu Action'. The only place I can think off is related to configuring buttons of a specific menu (by right clicking the button in order to attribute an action to it). However, it seems odd to configure a menu button to remove all menus! how am I supposed to get the menu back on, if the button that needs to be pressed for that purpose is already on a menu!
My present question is simply out of curiosity to understand more about "New Menu Action" you mentioned since my original issue has been sufficiently addressed.

Thanks again to both of you for the timely response.

The Kayman :idea:
<<

firescue17

Post Thu May 29, 2014 1:07 am

That's a good point. Yes, you could turn the menu off, but as you mentioned you'd have no way to turn it back on. It's the same principle as putting a Key Map Toggle Hotkey inside the Key Map you're turning off. Once it's off, you're stuck.

What I was referring to (although it was seriously lacking in detail) was using a Hotkey and Mapped Key external to the Menu(s) to turn them off.

As an example, I have two main Menus up at all times. An 18 button G15 Menu and a 73 button HUD.

I have the M1, M2, and M3 keys on my G15 keyboard as straight Hotkeys / Mapped Keys to manipulate the G15 Menu.

Hotkey M1 loads one version of the 18 key Menu.
Hotkey M2 loads an alternate version of the 18 key Menu.
Hotkey M3 kills everything via the "Remove all Menus Action."

If I want to take a screenshot, I hit M3 to clear all my various menus regardless of whatever virtualized state they're in due to other Actions, pulled Menu buttons, Action Timer Groups turning things on and off at various times, etc, etc. I have a lotta shit built into my ISBoxer Menu UI. M3 kills them all.

I then use M1 or M2 to reset all the Menu states and turn them back on when done with the screenshot.
<<

kayman001

Post Thu May 29, 2014 10:04 pm

firescue17 wrote:
As an example, I have two main Menus up at all times. An 18 button G15 Menu and a 73 button HUD.

I would be interested in setting a G15 virtual menu. Would there be a guide or a video to help me do that?
Thanks
<<

firescue17

Post Fri May 30, 2014 10:25 am

This Guide is the precursor to Menus. Although not entirely accurate, for all practical purpose you can follow this guide and replace "New Clickbar Action" and "New Clickbar Button" with "New Menu Action" and "New Menu Button Action."

There's a video walkthrough in the Guide explaining the principles and the newer videos on my channel show my current Menu setup in action.
Last edited by firescue17 on Sat May 31, 2014 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

kayman001

Post Fri May 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Thank you kindly Firescue :)

Return to Menus