FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My Buttons are Too Small

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rfarris

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:42 pm

My Buttons are Too Small

I feel so... inadequate. Every time I've forgotten to turn off the standard green-button menu, they've been just the right size, but *this* time when I decided to accept them, they are too small. The 12 buttons stretch from 1 to 9, a little over 20% too small. How can I scale them up? Is it because my window is very large? (2560x1600...)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: My Buttons are Too Small

In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Menus, select Standard. Then in the bottom left pane, under Menu Templates, select Standard.

Adjust the "Button Width x Height" and "Button Margin x,y" settings until it matches your UI. (Export to check your work)
<<

rfarris

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:41 pm

Perfect, thank you. 55x55, with a 1,2 button margin.
<<

rfarris

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:39 pm

However, after spending a few levels with the standard menu, I've begun to wonder: Why does the green mask exist?

I noticed that the 1-= keys are broadcast even if the mask is pulled off out of the way. What exactly is the purpose of the mask, simply to remind one that the keys are being broadcast?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:36 pm

rfarris wrote:However, after spending a few levels with the standard menu, I've begun to wonder: Why does the green mask exist?

I noticed that the 1-= keys are broadcast even if the mask is pulled off out of the way. What exactly is the purpose of the mask, simply to remind one that the keys are being broadcast?

a) visual indicator that broadcasting is occurring
b) ability to click on the Action Bar buttons (this was previously difficult for many clickers to set up, now it's built in)

Generally if you close (disable!) the Standard Menu (I'm assuming this is what you mean, not that you just moved the bar away and left it still on screen and active), the keys are NOT broadcast anymore unless you have them separately mapped via Key Maps. The Quick Setup Wizard sets up one or the other (hence the choice on the last page of the wizard), but in your case you might be sending it once from the Menu and once from Key Maps.
<<

rfarris

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:39 pm

No, I left it on the screen and active. Ok, I'll admit, I moved it to get it out of the way while I was moving buttons around and forgot to put it back.

Return to Menus