FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tooltips?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Skarling

Post Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:06 am

Tooltips?

Hi, would it be possible in the future to add tooltip text functionality to menu buttons? If it exists now I am missing it... I keep forgetting which button does what based on abbreviations I put on those small buttons... also, text wrapping within the button could be helpful too to include more characters.

thx
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Tooltips?

Yes i agree about the text wrapping part. As a work around i have been making a square picture in paint with a text box that takes up the whole square with whatever label or text I want in it (centered, text-wrapped however I want, etc). I then import and use this as an image background for my buttons.
<<

Skarling

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:34 am

I thought about it, but my custom menu has over 100 unique buttons (layered setup for both party bars heals/utility buttons and G15 keypad), let alone many buttons vary from game to game, so a tooltip is a much preferred solution. I mean, there is an in-built tooltip functionality for click bars already, all I am asking is to extend that functionality to menus.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:03 pm

If you're using an XML template you can use <AutoTooltip>text here</AutoTooltip>. Otherwise as far as adding it directly to a Button Set I will get back to you on that; this would not be a fast operation.
<<

Skarling

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:41 pm

Thanks for you reply, I do use custom xml template indeed, however its multi-layered, in other words 1 button may have up to 6 different texts and keymaps attached to it via menu style command, so I guess I'll have to wait for the Isboxer build to include tooltips.

Return to Menus