FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

{SLOT#} support in the text field of a menu button

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Vachon8449

Post Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:15 am

{SLOT#} support in the text field of a menu button

I'm trying to make a "standard" menu where I can click on a button and it will perform the ctrl+alt+(slot number) action. I've got the buttons made, they work beautifully. What I'm having trouble with is getting the names to auto fill with the name of the character in the different slots. For example, Character set A has characters Myname, Yourname, Theirname. Character set B has characters NameA, NameB, NameC. I'd like to be able to use the same menu "Character Change" with both character sets and with set A have in the three boxes, "Myname" "Yourname" and "Theirname" then when I switch to character set B, the three boxes will have "NameA" NameB" and "NameC". I've tried using {SLOT} in each of the Button text windows. But that just shows {SLOT} in the button. I've tried using {1} {2} {3} but that just shows 1 2 3 in the buttons. {CHARACTER} just shows the name of the character in the main screen in each button. i.e. character set A would show "Myname" "Myname" "Myname". I've tried each way with and without the "Pull settings from " box checked with the selection "Button 1 in <NO MENU>" "Button 2 in <NO MENU>" "Button 3 in <NO MENU>". Checked or unchecked didn't seem to make a difference.
Is there a way to do what I'm trying to do? I'm trying to get away from making a Character Change Set A menu and a Character Change Set B menu and just use one Character Change menu for both.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:14 am

Re: {SLOT#} support in the text field of a menu button

If you use Menu Button Actions, the Text field will be processed for {SLOT#}. You can set up a Mapped Key to be performed after you launch your Character Set (this is an option in your Character Set), and that Mapped Key can have 3 Menu Button Actions to set the names.

Note that in your thread title you said {SLOT#} but then inside you said {1} {2} {3} ;) The correct usage is {SLOT1} {SLOT2} {SLOT3}
<<

Vachon8449

Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:31 pm

[quote="lax"]If you use Menu Button Actions, the Text field will be processed for {SLOT#}. You can set up a Mapped Key to be performed after you launch your Character Set (this is an option in your Character Set), and that Mapped Key can have 3 Menu Button Actions to set the names.

Note that in your thread title you said {SLOT#} but then inside you said {1} {2} {3} ;) The correct usage is {SLOT1} {SLOT2} {SLOT3}[/quote

I'm sorry, I meant to write, I've tried every combination I could think of, including {SLOT1} {SLOT2} {SLOT3}. When I use {SLOT1} in the text field, it shows {SLOT1} in the button box after loading the character set. I've tried {CHARACTER} which just shows the name of the character that is in the main screen in all three boxes. I've tried {CHARACTER1} but that just gives {CHARACTER1} in the box. I've tried {1}, which gives {1}, I've tried {SLOT} which just gives {SLOT}. I don't know what else to try. Maybe I have a setting off that's not allowing {SLOT1} to work, idk. It would be nice to be able to use one menu for each character set I have that has two characters in it. And one menu for each character set I have three characters in it. Right now, I'm sharing the menu templates (using a template I call Character Change Two and a second one I call Character Change Three) and the hotkey set override is blank in both and the only hotkey sets I have are the standard, I created an alt set, shift, set and character change three set. Which seems to let the character two set work. I suppose that's because the three has hotkeys # 1 with no hotkey assigned, #2 with no hotkey assigned and #3 with no hotkey assigned. I'm actually wondering if I even need a character change hotkey set because of that. I have a button set for each character set, using the actual names in the text box for the buttons (i.e. character change mages button 1 text Naranti, button 2 Morgaana) with obviously shows the correct character name in game. I have the Filter Target set to character slot:1 for button 1 and character slot:2 for button 2. Is it possible to do what I'm wanting to do? Am I missing something that isn't allowing {SLOT1} to work?
Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:51 pm

The Template is not currently processed for variables.

If you use Menu Button Actions, the Text field will be processed for {SLOT#}. You can set up a Mapped Key to be performed after you launch your Character Set (this is an option in your Character Set), and that Mapped Key can have 3 Menu Button Actions to set the names.
<<

Vachon8449

Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:08 pm

lax wrote:The Template is not currently processed for variables.

Is there a tutorial to show me how to do this?
<<

hpavc

Post Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:19 pm

Sure ... as I recently went through this. In this example I create a menu with an identifying text on the screen about the character in the slot, some text basically.

1) Launch a character from a character set from Innerspace that we can use later (Example: "Main", slot1)

2) From the ISBoxer Toolkit create a new menu (Example: ID), then select that menu.

3) Add the character set "Main" to it by dragging the Set into the Menu "ID"

4) Add a Menu Template (Example: "ID")
- Do this by right clicking 'menu templates' of your new ID menu
- In the 'general' tab set the 'grid rows x columns' to "1x1" (i just want one button)
- In the 'general' tab set the 'button width x height' to "255x18"
- In the 'button style' tab set the 'buttons are click-through' to checked (i dont want to actual interfere with the game.

5) Add a Button Set (Example: "ID")
- Do this by right clicking 'buttons sets' of your new ID menu
- Add a new button, do this by right clicking on the "Buttons" tree item and 'New Button' menu item
- Select the 'Button 1' that was created, check the 'text' checkbox and change the 'text' to "ID: {CHARACTER} - {CHARACTERSET} {SLOT} of {SLOTS}"

6) Associate the 'Menu' with the 'Menu Template' and 'Button Set' you have created and choose it's starting position.
- Click on 'ID'
- Change 'Menu Template' to 'ID'
- Change 'Button Set' to 'ID'
- Change the 'Starting Position' to 300,300

7) Save and Export to innerspace and review.
- CTRL-S then CTRL-E to save and export
- You should see your game screen refresh with a black box with white text that reads (Example: "ID: hpavc - Main 1 of {SLOTS}") awkwardly on the screen with your character info.
- Note: {SLOTS} isnt parsed to you should change that, here are a list of some variables http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Macro#List_of_Variables
- The colors of text/background, transparency, borders ... incredibly complicated. A opaque watermark like text string isn't straight forward as there are a lots of contexts and overides.
- Positioning seems relative to 0x0 (the top left corner), so you will have to take your monitor resolution (1080) minus the button size (255) and then do maths for centering or otherwise aligning.

*) If you want you an action on your button (like screenshot) you will need to remove the 'buttons are click-through' above and select your target of appropriately. This may be awkward if you have a window swapping enabled window layout and want to use 'current'.

Return to Menus