FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do you add a New Button to Menu

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Gorthu

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:19 pm

How do you add a New Button to Menu

I used the quick start wizard (the game is rift) and got the new Menu with two buttons for toggling maps and key broadcasting. I'd like to add a third button to this.

I have gone into the Menu Templates and chosen Toggles and changed the number of buttons from 2 to 3. I changed the number of grid rows from 1x2 to 1x3. The Frame width and height automatically changes based on the other settings.

I save and export to IS. But I don't get a third button. I even exited the game and restarted them. What am I doing wrong?

If this is posted here, please give me your search words, because mine did not locate any help.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: How do you add a New Button to Menu

Did you apply an image or texture to the template or button? It's possible the button is there, but invisible.
<<

Gorthu

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:39 pm

No. I didn't change anything. I've even started over from scratch. Are you saying - what I did should have worked?

What I haven't done is use the formation menu. It's already set with 3. Guess I could try that.

EDIT:

Formation won't work for me if I can't change those icons.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:57 pm

To the best of my recollection (Disclaimer: I have removed the default Toggles Menu) the Toggles Menu uses images for it's buttons as opposed to a Menu Template. You see the two original buttons because there is a graphic there. If you add a third button without declaring an image, you're not going to see anything as it will be entirely transparent.

In Menu Templates > Button Style Tab, you can set a default background image for all buttons. On this same tab, you can also set a default button and border color. These options are there, but probably not what you want if you intend to preserve the original Toggles images. Just pointing them out depending upon your preference.

In Button Sets, you can also set background images and colors for individual buttons. This is probably where you want to add a fill of some sort so you can see the button.

Yes, changing the number of buttons and the size of the grid row adds the button, but you need to color it in :)
<<

Gorthu

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:19 pm

AHH!!! That was the problem. Thank you. I did not have an image assigned to the 3rd button. I should have used cut and paste for the button. :(

Return to Menus