FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Menu Bar Config

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mikedsmwd

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:11 pm

New Menu Bar Config

I have looked at the new videos for this topic a few times and still have questions. I know this is almost a double post but I started with a click bar and couldnt get that to work and thought maybe a new menu would do the job.

Here is what I am trying to do in the game RIFT:

I have enabled an add-on on all 5 clients called "Click Box Healer" It gives me a vertical raid bar of my 5 characters when one of the 5 characters are left clicked (when on the healers client) it targets the char and heals with the best single target heal spell he has.

I have synced all bars to the same location on all clients and did the same with a sized isboxer click bar.

Ultimately I want to be on any client and click whichever team member needs a heal and the isboxer click bar send a left click to the healers client and the appropriate heal fires. For the click box healer to work the left click must go through the isboxer click bar, I assume that is what the check box for 'click through" is for in the button set up.

I have tried several different ways to config the click bar to do this but am getting no results.

Or maybe this would be better with a menu like what is placed over the regular action bar but it only broadcasts to the healers client.

Please guys a little insight here.

Thanks,
Is this even possible and/or what the heck do I need to set??

Here is my current config perhaps someone could take a look and give me some pointers into this menu purpose, basicly I've sized and positioned the new menu as needed to fit the party bar.

current config http://www.privatepaste.com/94e765b86b
thanks for your time,
mikedsmwd
<<

mikedsmwd

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:53 pm

Re: New Menu Bar Config

I got some good advice from isboxer chat and and set the menu to 'sync cursor' and send to the cleric which i believe is the right way to go but I must have some setting wrong somewhere cause this isn't working either, while logically it should.

Here is the new current config , if someone would care to take a look. http://www.privatepaste.com/62bd0f4db0

Help. I've fallen and I can't reach my beer!!

thanks,

mikedsmwd
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:10 am

Re: New Menu Bar Config

You should disable the "Buttons are Click-Through" option. Using the Click-Through option makes your buttons not use the behavior assigned to them, but instead just let the click pass through directly to the game, e.g. to have a Menu provide visual effects but without preventing your click from doing what it normally does. After doing this, your Menu may work as intended...

Alternatively, you can put your healing Addon in just one window and use Video FX to use it from any window, as in MiRai's Healing 101 video (which is for WoW, but it uses the same type of system that you're using in RIFT)

Return to Menus