FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Menu background question

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Finney

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Menu background question

Hi--wondering if there are any menu gurus out there.

I'm building a menu and I want to put in a background. However when I set the "Border Size" in the general tab of the template to try to get the overlap I want, it skews only the top of the menu:

To get around this, I aborted using a background in the menu itself, and created a clickbar with one button and put it behind the menu as a phony background:

This is fine, but if I misclick and hit the background, the clickbar/background comes to the foreground, even if I set the background clickbar button to "click-thru":

I've tried increasing the border size of the individual buttons to create a sort of "invisible shield" (in fact, that's the technique I used in the other menubar in the pic, the one with the toon names) so that I can't accidentally hit the background, but in this case that spreads the buttons apart too far and give an ugly look. I get away with in in the name bar because there's only one row of buttons.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Menu background question

I'd suggest a custom XML Menu Template ( http://isboxer.com/wiki/Menu:Template#XML). This will allow you to align things exactly. II'll post more details when I am back at my PC.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:28 am

OK, this is the post you want, complete with examples.
<<

Finney

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:38 pm

Thanks! I'll poke around with that.

Return to Menus