FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Menu or Clickbar?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

pox67

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Menu or Clickbar?

I am setting up in EQ2 again and looking for some input on group window overlays.

What would be everyone's preference now that menus are here? Should I use a Click Bar overlay or can menus do a better job?

I would want 4 buttons on the group window overlay (heals, rescue, cure etc) also need a target overlay (stun, interrupt etc).
Computer:
Intel 3930K (6 core, 12 hyperthreaded), Asus P9X79 LE, 16GB Ram
2 x Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Boost in Crossfire.
2 x 27" 2560x1440 monitors.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Re: Menu or Clickbar?

Click Bars are better if you want to be able to do different things depending on how you activate a button. Click Bars let you assign one Action to a variety of click combos, e.g. shift+mouse1 and alt+mouse2.

Menus are otherwise better in every way. You don't have to click on a Menu, you can assign Hotkeys. You can reuse templates to make more than one of a certain kind of Menu. You can override parts of a Menu for specific teams or characters. You can switch out the Button Set on your Menu or even borrow specific buttons from a Button Set -- you can pull the Repeater toggle button onto your own Menu and it will keep synced with the original (GL doing that with a Click Bar). etc... :)
<<

pox67

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: Menu or Clickbar?

lax wrote:Click Bars are better if you want to be able to do different things depending on how you activate a button. Click Bars let you assign one Action to a variety of click combos, e.g. shift+mouse1 and alt+mouse2.

Menus are otherwise better in every way. You don't have to click on a Menu, you can assign Hotkeys. You can reuse templates to make more than one of a certain kind of Menu. You can override parts of a Menu for specific teams or characters. You can switch out the Button Set on your Menu or even borrow specific buttons from a Button Set -- you can pull the Repeater toggle button onto your own Menu and it will keep synced with the original (GL doing that with a Click Bar). etc... :)

Thanks Lax.

I'll stick with Click Bars in this case as I like to be able to have a left and right click option but never use hotkeys for these actions.
I hadn't thought of using a shift + click...maybe I can cram even more onto these bars :)
Computer:
Intel 3930K (6 core, 12 hyperthreaded), Asus P9X79 LE, 16GB Ram
2 x Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Boost in Crossfire.
2 x 27" 2560x1440 monitors.

Return to Menus