FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Menu Buttons Not Working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Zreyl

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:30 pm

Menu Buttons Not Working

Greetings and well met,

Newbie here, so... First, thanks to all those involved in making ISBoxer/Inner Space available. A special thank you for all the videos provided by Joe & MiRai.

PIC: https://pasteboard.co/IDOSWIE.jpg
XML: https://pastebin.com/TFJiEJWG
Tried to implement this video (except grid instead of radial): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meDEoeesK6s

TL;DR: My menu buttons are not performing any actions.

OK, I assume I'm missing something blatantly obvious, but I'm stumped. I created a 6x5 grid of menu buttons. Top row uses "${ISBoxerSlot1.Escape}" for titles, the rest are intended to perform actions. They all properly highlight while hovering the mouse over them and get brighter when I click on them. The menu toggles on/off properly. They just refuse to perform any action.

I've tried Keystroke Actions "Window:All w/ Current", "Window:Current", "Character Slot:2(Wreylia)". I also tried assigning a Named World of Warcraft Macro Action. Zip, nadda, nothing.

I have a Grid2/Clique/VFX click-healing combo working. The "formations" and "toggles" menu buttons are working.

Please help, thanks in advance!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Menu Buttons Not Working

Looking at the setup, only the 1x2, 1x3 and 2x2 buttons should do anything. Other than that, it all looks fine to me (although you don't need to specifically use lavishscript for the button text, there are shortcuts like {CHARACTER} , but hey whatever rocks your boat)

OOC do the skills they trigger in game (by sending the keystroke configured) require a specific target?, and do the toons have an applicable target?

Also, button Action Mode default is usually the Hold option. Perhaps set it back to that.
<<

Zreyl

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:10 pm

bob wrote:Looking at the setup, only the 1x2, 1x3 and 2x2 buttons should do anything. Other than that, it all looks fine to me (although you don't need to specifically use lavishscript for the button text, there are shortcuts like {CHARACTER} , but hey whatever rocks your boat)

OOC do the skills they trigger in game (by sending the keystroke configured) require a specific target?, and do the toons have an applicable target?

Also, button Action Mode default is usually the Hold option. Perhaps set it back to that.

Hi Bob, thanks for the quick reply.

Correct, only 1x2, 1x3, & 2x2 are set up, but they aren't doing anything. Thanks for the tip about the shortcuts, I'll look them up

The spells they're intended to trigger are Blizzard/Rain of Fire which are on the 8th slot of the Mage's/Warlock's hotbars, and Polymorph which is on the 5th slot of the Mage's hotbar. I also tried setting up macros, those don't fire off either. Yes, the everybody in the party had an appropriate target for the Polymorph. Blizzard/Rain do not start the ground target aiming reticle, nor fire upon clicking.

I'll set them all back to hold. I was just trying everything I could think of (including Actions Modes - Hold, On Press and On Release). Didn't make any difference.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any advise.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:52 pm

Well, Blizzard and Rain Of Fire sound like AOE type things to me, and do you not need to, once activated, then target on the ground for them to do anything.

As a simple test, you could put a popuptext action on the button. That will at least tell you that the button click is registered. If that is happening, then we can be sure the keystrokes are being sent to the game, and it is something missing on the game end.
<<

Zreyl

Post Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:54 am

Greetings Bob,

Again, thank you for your help.

bob wrote:Well, Blizzard and Rain Of Fire sound like AOE type things to me, and do you not need to, once activated, then target on the ground for them to do anything.

Aye, understood on the AOEs, was just trying to be thorough with my explanation.

bob wrote:As a simple test, you could put a popuptext action on the button. That will at least tell you that the button click is registered. If that is happening, then we can be sure the keystrokes are being sent to the game, and it is something missing on the game end.

Ok, I've got good news. It's all working as expected now (though I don't know why).

I tried you suggestion (great idea!). Unfortunately it didn't work, no popup text. I got frustrated trying to debug the problem, so I created a new profile with the Quick Setup Wizard. I generated the grid and created popup-text-actions. It worked perfectly (woot!). So, I took a bunch of pics of the menu button setup and then opened the original profile to compare with the pics. Everything matched (grrrr, was hopping I'd find my mistake).

So, I said screw it, let's go decimate a dungeon. I exported they original to Inner Space (for the hundredth time) so I could at least get some leveling done. To my surprise, the menu was working as expected.

I'm not sure what fixed the problem. It could be that exporting a new profile and then exporting the original cleared a variable somewhere. I dunno *shrug*.

Anyway, thanks Bob, your help is sincerely appreciated.

Happy hunting!

Return to Menus