FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Menus, Ground Targeting & VFX

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Zreyl

Post Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:47 pm

Menus, Ground Targeting & VFX

Greetings,

Background... I've a five-member team: Paladin/Priest/Mage/Mage/Warlock. I used a video example by MiRai (thank you sir!) to allow all three casters to concurrently deploy Blizzard/Rain-of-Fire at the same time/location and put a small 500x500 VFX viewer on the current member's window for aiming. Works great. I'm also able to deploy each of the casters Blizzard/Rain-of Fire spells independently at different times/locations, using a separate Menu Button for each caster. I have this working great too, except for one issue.

For each caster, I'm using a separate Menu Button to send two actions. Here's an example... 1st) Send a Keystroke Action to send '8' (Blizzard-spell on slot 8 of the toon's hotkeys) to 'Character Slot:2(ToonName), then 2nd) Send a 'Next Click w/Video FX -> is2'. Works perfectly for toons is1,is3,is4,is5, but not so well for toon is2. It puts the entire window (not just little the 500x500 source with reticle) into the little 500x500 VFX viewer, which covers up that toon's Blizzard-spell targeting reticle.

In this case, I need a way to not display the VFX viewer when I'm on the toon's window that's actually casting the spell. Is there a boolean (something like 'all&~(is5,dxNothing)' that I'm using on my healing grid) that I can use for the Target of the VFX viewer to turn off the VFX viewer when I'm on the caster's window? I've tried things like 'is2&~(is2,dxNothing)', but haven't had any success. Or maybe someone has a better way?

Thank you in advance for any advice.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:35 pm

Re: Menus, Ground Targeting & VFX

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Target

You are looking for ~self

If you are on the caster's window, then you don't need the next click at all as you can just do that yourself. So it's just a case of don't run this action.
<<

Zreyl

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:59 am

Re: Menus, Ground Targeting & VFX

bob wrote:http://isboxer.com/wiki/Target

You are looking for ~self

If you are on the caster's window, then you don't need the next click at all as you can just do that yourself. So it's just a case of don't run this action.

Hi Bob,

The quick response and the link are much appreciated.

Thank you.

Return to Menus