FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EQ1] Click Menu button doenst send keys to other instances

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Arch

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:12 am

Click Menu button doenst send keys to other instances

if I use the the mouse to click the "menu buttons" nothing happens

if I press "1" everything works Like I want it to as long as the key-maps toggle is on.

I have been all over the place and probably screwed something up but I can for the life of me find it.

Help me please. I am tired of banging my head against this.

Honestly I thought that if you clicked the button in the "Menu" that it would propagate that click to the other clients based on what was covered by those "menus" which is what I really wanted.

http://privatepaste.com/c8d7f398a6
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:28 am

Re: Click Menu button doenst send keys to other instances

Your Standard menu is using the button set "Standard Broadcast". You have changed the Standard Broadcast button set to send ALT+1, ALT+2, ALT+3 etc when you click the buttons and this will be sent to ALL windows. I assume this is what you are after as this is also what is sent when you press 1, 2, 3, 4, etc on the keyboard (and Key Maps are toggled on), because this is what the Hot Key set is doing (mapping a keyboard press to a button!)

The Key Maps toggle will PAUSE/UNPAUSE all menus, so, this means Menu Button clicks will only work when Key Maps are toggled on too.
<<

Arch

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:45 pm

yea the ALT+* is what I want broadcast to the other clients ... this maps to a hotbar that the shortcuts for it are ALT+1, ALT+2, ... alt+=

so yea the keymap works but the "Click" of the "menu" never registers and sends the ALT+* to the clients
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Ok, sorry I didn't see this earlier.

On the Menu Templates - Standard template, Button Style tab, you have ticked that "Buttons are Click-Through". Try unticking this as it is meaning that they will not respond to clicks. Useful for when making menus and buttons behave like labels, but not when you want the menu to do something.

ButtonCLickThrough.png
ButtonCLickThrough.png (34.05 KiB) Viewed 11172 times
<<

Arch

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:27 am

Thanks ... I could never find in the documentation exactly what behavior that checkbox meant .
I had assumed that it meant that your click would continue through the menu.

Return to Menus