TIBWIDGET - INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION GUIDE

Aka Working with Menus in ISBOXER 41

(((((((((((((((((((((((((
Version: 1.10.140513
)))))))))))))))))))))))))

TIB - OVERVIEW
TIB - UNDERSTANDING TIB MENU STRUCTURE
TIB - INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION GUIDE

This documentation will lead you, step-by-step, through TIB installation and configuration process. It explains, with detail, this:

1. Extract TIBWIDGET folder to InnerSpace/Scripts/ISBoxer Images;
2. Open ISBoxer Toolkit and create the needed ATGs and Variable Keystrokes;
3. Import TIB Images, Macros, Key Map and Menus;
4. Tune Maps, Repeater, Follow Me and Assist Me Mapped Keys;
5. Put Melees into Melee ATG and set TIB initialization;
6. Assign hotkeys to TIB-WIDGET, TIB-COMBAT and TIB-EXTRA Hotkey Sets
7. Assign your combat and non-combat actions to TIB-COMBAT and TIB-EXTRA Button Sets;
8. Assign your CharSet to TIB-WIDGET menu and TIGWIDGET Key Map.
9. Export to InnerSpace and launch the game.
10.Enjoy!

TIB was tested only with World of Warcraft. I think it will work with any other game but it may need some extra tunning.
This guide requires you have medium knowledge about ISBOXER and its mechanics.

1. Overview
_____

TIB implements a menu system composed by 3 modules: MCP, Rack and Matrix.

TIBWIDGET uses a custom template. Template + Image Set = Skin.

1.1 Main Control Panel

The MCP is a 12+19 buttons menu (TIB-WIDGET) which loads diferent Button Sets (GPages) into the first 12 slots.

It has a global 31 Button Set (TIB-WIDGET) and a global Hotkey Set (TIB-WIDGET).

GPages are Buttons Sets with 12 Buttons which implement actions or toggles for diferent purposes.

TIB V.1 comes with 5 pages:

TIB-GK1 - Main page, with most needed actions. SET by default!
TIB-GK2 - Control page, with actions related to CC. SET by default!
TIB-GK3 - Non-combat example page. Comes with some actions but you'll have to configure them.
TIB-GK4 - Social example page. Comes with some actions but you'll have to configure them.
TIB-GK9 - OnTheFly Page. Pops and stays on, while hotkey is pressed (Credits to Skarling on this)

To add more pages, copy any of these and rename it to TIB-GKn. Then set the button labels or images and assign the correspondent actions.

1.2 The Action Rack

The Rack is TIB's 'Action Bars'.

The Rack can be used with the standard 1-12 setting but is more suitable to use with a configuration that implements combat virtualization. See CIBLAP configuration.

The Rack is a 12+16+1 button menu (TIB-RACK) and do not have any Hotkey Set or Button Set assigned. It's an empty rack.

It loads a 12 button Set (TIB-COMBAT) on the central zone plus a 17 button Set (TIB-EXTRA) - 8 buttons on left side, 8 buttons on right side and The Eye.

If you use a standard 1-12 action bar, you should set TIB-COMBAT Hotkey Set to 1 to =.
Usualy people with LAP configuration have not so straight keybinds.

You configure your Combat-DPS hotkeys on TIB-COMBAT Hotkey Set.
You configure your Combat(ornot)-Extra hotkeys on TIB-EXTRA Hotkey Set.

By default, The Rack comes configured with 8 DPS Buttons plus 15 Extra Buttons.

For instance, if you want to use the whole TIB-COMBAT Button Set, just change buttons 9-12 style (Images are transparent now. Check Button 1 to see which images you should use).

You can create new Rack layouts... Use your creativity... and share it with us!

1.3 The Matrix

The Matrix is pretty straight. It's a 5x6 grid Menu (TIB-MATRIX). It's implemented to load two separate behaviour modules. That's because we may add and show more columns to control additional behaviours.

The first module corresponds to columns 1 to 3. So, it's a 18 Button Set (TIB-WHO1).
The second corresponds to columns 4 and 5. It's a 12 Button Set (TIB-WHO2).

On TIB V1.1 both modules are loaded by default.

Lets call Behaviour Set to each column of Matrix. You can create additional Behaviour Sets and add/replace them in the Matrix using Menu Style Actions. TIB-WHO1 has 3 Behaviour Sets, TIB-WHO2 has 2.

Matrix don't have an assigned Hotkey Set. We'll use the mouse to set/unset toons behaviours.

Matrix relies on the Mapped Keys present in the TIBWIDGET Key Map. The good news is it comes all set. The bad news is if you change the Mapped Keys assigned to TIB-WHO1 or TIB-WHO2 Button Sets it may stop working!

2. Installation
_____

This must be done exactly how it's described below. If you change step order it may not work!

2.1 Choose the TIB skin you want to use:

First, It's good to remember that Menus and other ISBoxer UI elements, like Click Bars and the Control Panel, have some impact on your FPS. This is not a TIB issue. Some tests were made by Lax and also by some beta testers and it seems to be related to specific hardware setup or GPU driver configuration. So, to take a long story short, if you run your machine on the limit, TIB-Evolution will cause less impact on your machine performance than TIB-One.

Skins only change TIB aspect. Its functionality is the same.

TIB-One - Based on the original TIB prototype but smaller and with a silver-greenish tone (TIB prototype had fawn-brownish colors). TIB One has a more classic-executive design that contrasts with TIB-Evolution which has a more radical and bizarre look.

TIB-Evolution - I consider this skin as the default TIB V1.1 skin. It's not so demanding (performance-wise) as TIB-One because it doesn't use a background texture. It is a product of the newest Gnomish Engineering and comes with a brownish cool tempered obsidium frame incrusted with gemmed Buttons made by the greatest Jewelcrafters in Azeroth.

Pick the chosen one and extract it to InnerSpace/Scripts/ISBoxer Images. The extracted folder name must be TIBWIDGET.

2.2 Backing uo your profile

Open ISBOXER Toolkit and do a 'Save AS' to guarantee, if things go wrong, you have your old configuration backed up. Name it IB41TIB_00, for example.

2.3 ATGs

Create the following Action Target Groups if they not exist:

Melee
Follower
Looter or Skinner
AOE
CC
SKULL

2.4 Variable Keystrokes

Create these Variable Keystrokes if they not exist:

Interact with Target
Move Backward
Mark Skull
Mark Cross
Mark Star
Mark Circle
Mark Diamond
Mark Triangle
Screenshot

Don't forget these keys must be bound ingame.
ISBoxer doesn't parse PRINTSCR key. So, bind an alternate key to Screenshot (SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+INSERT, for example).

VERY IMPORTANT!! YOU HAVE TO IMPORT THE FOLLOWING SCRIPTS (2.5 to 2.8) WITHOUT CHECKING WHAT IS BEEING DONE! You'll see the result after step 2.8..
Don't open any object until you finished! You'll be clicking ISBOXER on the very top! Nothing more!

2.5 Images

Open this file and copy the code inside to Clipboard (contains all TIB image objects):

Right Click ISBOXER on the Top Pane.
Paste Images from Clipboard.

2.6 TIBWIDGET Macro Set

Note: If you don't play WOW, skip this step. Obviously, any WOW specific action will not work.

Open this file and copy the code inside to Clipboard (contains all TIB macros):

Paste Macro Set from Clipboard.

You now have a TIBWIDGET Macro Set with some utility macros needed by TIB. My imba CC Macro is also there just in case you have none ;)

2.7 TIBWIDGET Key Map

Open this file and copy the code inside to Clipboard (contains all TIB Mapped Keys):

Paste Key Map from Clipboard.

2.8 TIB Menus

Open this file and copy the code inside to Clipboard (contains all TIB Menu Templates):

Right ISBOXER on Top Pane.
Paste Menu Templates from Clipboard.

Open this file and copy the code inside to Clipboard (contains all TIB Menu Hotkey Sets):

Paste Hotkey Sets from Clipboard.

Open this file and copy the code inside to Clipboard (contains all TIB Menu Button Sets):

Paste Button Sets from Clipboard.

Open this file and copy the code inside to Clipboard (contains all TIB Menus):

Paste Menus from Clipboard.

2.9 First error check

Save then Export to Inner Space just to check if there's any error caused by hotkeys conflicts on any of the macros you've imported. If you have duplicates just change the hotkey of the coliding macro to whatever you want - it can be anything not yet assigned.

[continues in the next post]
Last edited by TRoN on Tue May 14, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 23 times in total.
<<

TRoN

Post Tue May 07, 2013 5:53 pm

3. Configuring your TIB
_____

3.1 Maps/Repeater

Choose one of the following options:

a) I want my TIB like TRoN's, with the Maps/Repeater imbued into the Main Control Panel on the 6th row of EVERY GPage.

Inside 'Always On' Key Map, look for Activate Maps.
Select Step 1. Right Click Actions and add a new Do Mapped Key Action. Like this...

Then add a New Mapped Key Step Action like this...

Add the SAME two actions Actions to Step 2. This time, the Step Adjustment of the Mapped Key Step Action should be Set to 1.

Now, lets do the same with Repeater Mapped Key:

And, again, the same to Step 2.

Done! Jump to 3.2.

b) I want to keep the Default Maps/Repeater Menu and use the 6th row of the MCP page module to program other actions.

Ok, you just have to change the Background images of Button6 and Button12 in TIB-GK1, TIB-GK2, TIB-GK3 and TIB-GK4 Buttons Sets.

Change them to GK1_OFF (Clean green Gkey), GK2_OFF (Clean red Gkey), or any of your own buttons. Or, if you have artistic skills, look for GK1_OFF.png inside ISBOXER images folder, and design your own Gkeys ON and OFF over it ;)

We're done here. Now you have 2 more free buttons on every GPage to play with :)

3.2 Initializing TIB

TIB must be initialized on launch!

I have an Initialize Mapped Key inside Always On Key Map where I put everything that needs to be done or constructed when the CharSet loads. For example: VFX creation, populate ATGs, set some toggles, etc.

So I've set in all of CharSets to Perform 'Initialize' Mapped Key when Character Set is loaded or reloaded.

So if you have something similar, edit your initialization Mapped Key and add 'Do TIB Init Mapped Key' Action to it.

If you don't have such a thing it's time to have one :)
Set it to Perform 'TIB Init' Mapped Key when Character Set is loaded or reloaded.
Remember: You have to do this on all your CharSets!

3.3 Follow and Assist

This the most crucial part of the configuration and you must understand it quite well.

When you run the Setup Wizard, ISBOXER assigns the hotkeys you've chosen to FOLLOW and ASSIST to Follow Me and Assist Me Mapped Keys inside Non-Combat Key Map. Every time you run the Setup Wizard, ISBOXER will ask you for these keys somewhere in the middle of the process. Take note that after you finish configuring TIB those default hotkeys will show empty. And that's fine! Don't set them in the Wizard or you'll have to repeat the following steps over again!

TIB uses two different Mapped Keys to make your toons follow you. These Mapped Keys are inside TIBWIDGET Key Map: MX All Follow me and MX Melee Follow me.

You need to assign your FOLLOW hotkey to both MX All Follow me and MX Melee Follow me. As you can see they are now set with my FOLLOW hotkey, which is 'F'. Choose yours or try 'F' (is a good key for FOLLOW).

Now, check the default Mapped Keys: Follow Me and Assist Me, inside Non-Combat Key Map. If they have an assigned hotkey, remove it!

It's more or less the same with ASSIST. TIB uses a different approach to handle assist mechanics. But we're going to do it the simple way because you probably have already your combat keys using the default Mapped Key.

We're going to change the default Assist Me Actions to TIB's assist actions. The only thing changing are the targets of the actions.

Locate the Assist Me Mapped Key inside Non.combat Key Map.
Change the target of the existing action to ~SKULL&~self (you have to write it yourself).

Add a New Named WOW Action like this...

3.4 Action Rack configuration

The Action Rack is configured on TIB-COMBAT and TIB-EXTRA Button Sets.

TIB-COMBAT Button Set (12 buttons on the central zone of the Rack) - your Combat actions!
TIB-EXTRA Button Set (8 buttons on each side of the central zone PLUS the Eye) - more ations to whatever you need!

Take a look at the Buttons properties and you'll understand how it works and how to give it your own touch.

The Action Rack comes with this layout and my Hotkeys assigned by default. Use it as an example and change what need to be changed.

3.5 Hotkeys

It's very important to understand Hotkey Sets from both physical and logical perspectives.

You can think of it as a specific input device or a portion of your keyboard. But you can also think of it as a functional panel where keys can be anywhere and not aligned togheter (we know what to press to perform actions without the need of keys beeing part of the same row, right?).

So, examples of possible hotkey Sets:

1 to = keyboard row;
NumPad;
NumPad 1 to 6;
ALT+F1 to ALT+F8;
Your Mouse (with and without modifiers);
My Combat Actions hotkeys;
Open every panel in the game;
etc.

It's almost done...

As I said before, Matrix don't use hotkeys.
You can MouseClick the MCP aswel, if you like. It's up to you what to bind, which buttons need a hotkey and which keys you prefer. I didn't remove my own setting so use it as an example and adapt it to your needs.

TIB-WIDGET Hotkey Set

Assign your prefered hotkeys to TIB-WIDGET Hotkey Set.

Buttons 1 to 12 activate GPages buttons so it's more logical to assign a device type Hotkey Set or a zone of your keyboard where keys are grid organized like, for example, the KeyPad or a GKey Set if you have one.

Imo, Buttons 13 to 24, the global MCP buttons, don't need hotkeys (exception to Page Rollers - Button 13 and 14)

TIB-COMBAT and TIB-EXTRA Hotkey Sets

By this time you've got it all, for sure...

Assign your Combat keys to the TIB-COMBAT Hotkey Set (12 buttons on the central zone of the Rack).
Assign your Extra keys to the TIB-EXTRA Hotkey Set (8 buttons on each side of the central zone PLUS the Eye).

About the EYE

I don't have 2 separate DPS keys. Well I have them set - Single Target DPS Rotation (hotkey 1) and AOE Rotation (hotkey 2) - but I just have 1 DPS trigger (MouseWheelDown) aka Spam Key.

The Eye is a toogle that selects which Rotation is activated when I MouseWheelDown. So, if I press '1' I'll be doing Single Target DPS Rotation, when I press '2' I'll be doing AOE Rotation. When I roll the MouseWheel down I'll be DPSing with the rotation set and shown by the Eye.

If you have (or are willing to try such a thing) assign a hotkey to the Eye which is Button 17 of TIB-EXTRA Hotkey Set (mine is Mouse 5 - the thumb button).

The toggle is already there in TIBWIDGET Key Map. You just have to adapt it to your Combat Mapped Keys...
Here's my settings as a reference...

And my Combat Mapped Keys...

You have to assign the same hot(spam)key to both of them. Then the Eye will control wich one is ON: Single Target or AOE.

If you prefer having separate keys for ST and AOE, just forget the Eye, or give it some other functionality, or just hide the button.

Remenber you don't have to bind keys to ALL the Set. You can use the mouse for some less important buttons.

GPage9 and the radial Consumables and Mount-per-Toon menus

The GPage9 is a special page that pops up when F1 is holded (if you don't like F1, assign your own hotkey to the G9 Popper Mapped Key). On release, it goes back to the previews loaded GPage.

It comes with 2 buttons set: Give consumables to team (btn2) and Mount/Dismount a specific toon (btn7).

You can also activate the Consumables menu by pressing the correspondent hotkey, now set to (btn9 of TIB-EXTRA).

I didn't create macros in ISBoxer to handle which pots or food is given to each toon. It's easier to have 5 bar slots where I put the boosts (health, mana, elixir,water and food) and bind keys ingame to these bar slots. So, ISBoxer will send only the corresponding keystrokes.

3.6 Prepare to launch

Assign your CharSet to TIBWIDGET Menu and to TIGWIDGET Mapped Key.
Assign your melee characters to the Melee ATG (the others TIB ATGs are populated automaticaly).

3.7 Finished!

Congratulations, you've finished the guide (successfuly, I hope). Now you're ready to use TIB.

Export to InnerSpace and launch the CharSet.

Enjoy your new features!

[continues in the next post]
Last edited by TRoN on Tue May 14, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 30 times in total.
<<

TRoN

Post Tue May 07, 2013 5:59 pm

4. Troubleshooting
_____

Known issues:

Just one, until now! Don't roll GPages back past GPage9 or the Menu will crash! You can PageUp at will. If you PageDown, stop at GPage9!
I've adressed the problem to Lax - I hope he can solve it soon.

When I try to export to InnerSpace it says 'Missing image ...'.

Check if TIBWIDGET folder is inside InnerSpace/Scripts/ISBoxer Images.

TIB don't show when I lauch my team!

Assign your CharSet to Menu TIBWIDGET.

TIB appears but there's a hole in the center where should be a GPage.

TIB isn't initializing. Check 3.2.

TIB looks OK but my slaves don't follow.

TIB isn't initializing (Check 3.2) or Follow keys aren't configured correctly (Check 3.3).

My DPS keys don't work!

You need to open the Rack for Combat Actions to work.
You also need to have your Maps On.

The MCP hotkeys don't work when Maps are Off.

Working as intended. Menus activate Mapped Keys, so if Mapped keys are inactive, it doesn't work!

Matrix don't seem to have any effect on Toons behaviour.

O'rly?! Please, double check it...
Or there's some problem with the ATGs you've created. ATGs must be the ones refered on 2.3.
Or TIB isn't initializing. Check 3.2.

TIB isn't initializing and I've checked 3.2 and all seems ok!

Assign a hotkey to 'TIB-Init' Mapped Key and use it ingame. Do the problems persist?

a) Problem is gone when I do a Manual Initialization!

So you really have an initialization issue. Double/Triple check 3.2 or look for general support on ISBoxer forum submitting your profile.

b) Yes, the problem still exist!

It's not an Initialization problem! Share your profile and describe the problem to get support.

5. TRoN's final notes
_____

When I started this project, my idea was to create something we could develop togheter - the whole community. To create a widget with modular potential where we could load new stuff made by other users. TIB is the example that it can be done and it carries also a manifest serving that sharing spirit.

Like some time ago, when some pioneers came with a crazy FTL idea, and later, virtualization and the Like-a-Pro and CLS configurations, TIB brings his milestone too - not much by its functionality, but for beeing the first ISBOXER modular plugin approach.

I've presented Lax this idea and I've asked for a Import feature (and some other things) that could ease a bit the distribution and installation processes but we were already near the launching of IB41 and it could not be done in time. I got Lax promise to look into this on a future release and I really hope we can show that it's a nice thing to explore and improve.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with TIB and other things. The ISBoxer team, documentation contributors, forum moderators, forum and IRC helpers, videostars ;), and to the ones that even not beeing multiboxers had pushed me forward to get this done. I want to mention specially Lax, Alge, MiRai, Skarling and my sun for saying TIB is cool!

\m/ TRoNDaNeflin \m/
<<

SCANTRON

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:12 am

Re: TIBWIDGET - INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION GUIDE

I'm not seeing where to download the skins? Sorry if I got lost in the text.

Return to Menus