FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

POE launch errors after patch 3.0

Moderator: MiRai

<<

FUMES

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:15 pm

POE launch errors after patch 3.0

HI, need help with POE isboxer launch. Never had this problem before the last 3.0 patch. After launching POE via isboxer the game crashes. After it crashes i'm getting an endless stream of error boxes each with a different directory and containing one of two errors;

1. ERROR: E_OUTOFMEMORY
Description: not enough storage is available to complete this operation

2. ERROR: E_INVALIDARG
Description: The parameter is incorrect

Lax texted me that this is the place where i can find help to get this to work. Please help.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:07 pm

Re: POE launch errors after patch 3.0

It is definitely the place to record the issue.
Just so we can rule things out, and verify that Windows hasn't been super helpful setting compatibility settings and suchlike, can you get a compatibility diagnostic.

It would also be helpful to know.

1. What are the parameters of your paging file
  2. do you have free space on the disk your paging file is on.
  3. Have you tried using the --softwareaudio switch (or even --nosound ) i.e. change the Inner Space game profile to add the parameter "--softwareaudio" (w/o quotes); note: if this is a Steam install rather than standalone, the switch is "-swa"
  4. When loading what allocation of memory is POE pulling (you could use task manager to see this if nothing else comes to mind, although Process Explorer would probably give a better breakdown of what categories are being assigned).
<<

FUMES

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:30 pm

compatibility diagnostic;
https://pastebin.com/QbTPRWC5

paging file:
min allowed; 16mb
recommended; 24.5mb
currently allocated; 16.3mb

Free space; yes i have over 250mb of free space on solid state drive for this file.

i'll try using the softwareoudio switch

talk manager is showing 1,212,225K allocation memory for POE

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!
<<

FUMES

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:39 pm

ok, as far as the softwareaudio switch; in game configuration for POE i have only default profile, and the default profile launches without any problems. The error occurs only when launching through Character Set or Character Set Slot.
<<

FUMES

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:44 pm

In addition i don't think the problem has to do with the PC, I've been multiboxing POE on three computers simultaneously for a couple of years now without problems. After the latest patch i have the same error on three computers...
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Ok,

I'm assuming you meant GB for the paging file details rather than MB. If it really is MB, try setting some larger values, with a minimum of 1GB (1024MB).
The amount of RAM you've indicated should not have allocation errors. Certainly not on x64 system, unless you are physically running out of ram, which seems unlikely as I'm guessing you have 24GB.

So the two things that stand out are IOBit and Synerygy. For testing purposes can you try without Synergy running (yes I realise you probably use this to manage the multiple PC's). The other thing will be to uninstall IOBit, which I imagine you are less keen on. At the very least set some excludes in IObit on InnerSpace.exe and PathOfExile_x64.exe (unfortunately game updates do change the checksums on various files so if you had excludes before they are no longer valid - neither are the AV heuristic databases until they get updated).

Another question I guess is are the characters in the ISBoxer Profile set to use the "default profile" that you are testing with when launching this direct from the Inner Space menu? There is nothing that ISBoxer really does any differently, other than using the per character virtual files for each character (for Path of Exile this is called production_Config.ini). You could try backing up the existing production_Config-Charname.ini files that ISBoxer will have created, and relaunch. New ones will be created, so if there is something weird in it, then that would fix that up.

Beyond that, I think we'll have to try and replicate the issue. It is possible they've changed something in the internals of their graphics handling, but I cant think offhand what would cause that to occur when using ISBoxer vs the Inner Space profile. The sound thing just came up in a google about the error in conjunction with POE, and it was suggested by GGG devs.
<<

FUMES

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:35 pm

this is new diagnostic file without iobit and synergy
https://pastebin.com/v4XhHaVY

as for paging file, yes i miss-typed it's 16mb 24gb 16gb

characters are set to use the "default profile" in ISBoxer

One thing GGG changed in the launch is the added opening few seconds clip that stars after launching the game. Could that be the problem?
<<

FUMES

Post Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:07 am

hey Bob,

So... what's the next step here?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:26 pm

I am installing POE to test this, it will take some time yet