FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

black screen with sound

Moderator: MiRai

<<

isbixerkidd

Post Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:16 am

black screen with sound

I have been an on and off subscriber from several years. Not until this subscription I encountered this problem, after launching "team" on isboxer I found each poe window is black screen with sound. You can tell the game is up and running just there's no screen feed and it didn't stick the the window layout that I predefined in isboxer.

I am sure the mod will have a solution for this, seems to be an easy fix. Just I couldn't find any solution here nor through googling. Please provide me with several solutions so I can go back and try to resolve my issue.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:25 am

Re: black screen with sound

A black screen is hard to diagnose without more info about your setup.

The most common reason is playing on a Laptop which has Nvidia graphics as well as onboard Intel graphics. If this is you, then you should try using a Video FX layout. In the Window Layout options on the right, you can set "Enable Video FX" to true before selecting your layout style.

If not that, then you may need to check the in game settings and swap between DX versions (if supported). This might mean deleting the Path of Exile files production_Config-CHARNAME.ini, checking the game graphic settings by launching normally, then relaunching your team so ISboxer can setup new per character files.

Other than that a diagnostic would probably be useful.
<<

isbixerkidd

Post Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:51 am

i'm using 7700k and 1080 sli (but disabling SLI at the moment). Tried that FX video option didn't solve the problem. In path of exile we do have the options to choose from DX9 DX10 DX11, but what you are suggesting is that we should change that in the ini file instead of in game settings? I'll try all the options again. Thank you so much for the information.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:58 am

I wasn't suggesting you change the ini file at all. ISBoxer will create per character copies of the ini file, which as you have a black screen, are potentially no good. It copies these from the original file. You have these files because the game normally needs different resolution settings for boxing vs when you play a single instance. It also allows you to set different graphic settings for resource conservation, although you probably wont need to do that.

Anyway, the idea of deleting the per character copies, and then changing the setting in a normally launched game, and then rerunning the boxing team, means you get new copies of the base game config file. However, you can edit the files directly if you so wish.

Also for DirectX versions, either 9 or 11 are the ones to use. DX10 was a funny beast and never implemented in a standard method between game developers. It's the cousin the other DX's don't talk about.

ps. If the problem still exists with a VideoFX layout, then it is more likely to be either a graphic setting or something else interfering, so that diagnostic may be a good choice.

Return to Path of Exile