FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer will not launch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Thaedes

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:06 pm

ISBoxer will not launch

Trying to get it to launch, looked at the list of known offenders and couldn't find anything.

I can get InnerSpace to launch the default no problem. The moment I attempt to launch a character set however it just quickly shows a loading icon and then nothing.

Here's the diagnostics:
http://pastebin.com/wCyRYqRL
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Re: ISBoxer will not launch

The first thing would be to try the non steam installation of the game. Steam installs are frightfully annoying because of all the overlays they push into it, although a few steam games do work, I'm not sure POE is one of them, and you will need to use the standalone install.
<<

Thaedes

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:55 pm

ah interesting. I had wondered if that was the case. I'll have to look into a standalone install, not sure how to do that.
<<

bob

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:37 am

From memory, you log into your POE account on the POE website and download the client from there. If you don't have a POE account yet, then you can sign up for one directly on the site.
<<

Thaedes

Post Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:45 am

I think the biggest pain of this is installing a separate client. All 7.88gb's worth, lol.
<<

Thaedes

Post Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:39 pm

Alrighty.

Standalone setup, support associated an email.

Launched standalone - works fine.

Remapped new POE exe in IS. Cleared old profiles in ISBoxer, created new Profile associated with new POE setup in IS.

Attempted to launch from scratch the new Character set, and nothing. Chose instead to use the launch default profile and no issues. Manually logged in to character selection screen.

From here attempted to launch the character set again and got the dominant character profile to launch. Attempted to manually bring online the two other characters but all I managed to do was log myself out.

Not sure if GGG has taken measures to prevent multiple instances from running, or if my configuration is just bad and I need to change things.

Any advice from an experienced user would be appreciated. Thanks for your time and thoughts.

*** Edit: I went into Inner Space configuration and changed the POE profile to use the right file paths. For some reason it was still trying to launch the steam variant. Now it launches the Character set no problem.

Bad news however is that the same issue persists with the log in. I can log in on one window, but any attempt at logging in on other windows simply logs you out of the former window.
<<

bob

Post Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:55 pm

You need to use multiple accounts. 1 account per game instance you are running. i.e. 4 characters at once means 4 accounts.
<<

Thaedes

Post Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:13 pm

bob wrote:You need to use multiple accounts. 1 account per game instance you are running. i.e. 4 characters at once means 4 accounts.

Well now, that makes too much sense. Appreciate the heads up, lol.

Should I be using a VPN during the setup of these separate accounts. Or is there an optimal way to keep GGG out of the loop of the activity?
<<

bob

Post Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:20 pm

A VPN doesn't make much difference unless you cannot create the accounts themselves due to limitations from the same IP, which I don't believe there are. GGG generally work out later after you have been playing for a while if you are breaking their rules. There were a few links on their multiboxing stance around, but simply, they tolerate it begrudgingly because they cannot realistically restrict it, and they don't like you to use broadcasting in game. For POE this is a bit of a bummer because of the style of the game. ISBoxer certainly makes window management and toon control a bit easier regardless of this restriction. I'd recommend not enabling broadcasting if you can help it, as it will be the most likely reason you get banned in POE.

Return to Path of Exile