FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Path of Exile multiple accts over 2 pcs

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dadoop

Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:56 am

Path of Exile multiple accts over 2 pcs

Hello,

Before I describe my issues, I would like to thank Lax and whoever else helped design this awesome piece of software. I've never multiboxed before, and looking at the toolkit and all its options, literally gave me a headache ( that is a good thing - I was thinking of the insane amount of possibilities available).

Now, I have one major issue that I have not been able to work around. I have 2 main pcs both configured similarly, same i7/gfx/ssd/1920x1200 lcds. I have set up my 4 man group in Path of exile as 2 separate character sets (2 teams of 2). PoE allows for only 2 game instances to be launched on one pc , hence the breakup. I want to be able to control and view all 4 characters on one monitor . In other words, I want to see all 4 on one monitor, and also interact with each character on the same monitor, without having to readjust party members by using the second pc. Is there a way to do this?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:25 am

Re: Path of Exile multiple accts over 2 pcs

ISBoxer should allow you to run more that 2 POE instances on a single PC, i.e. all 4 should be able to run on the one PC. If it does not then it can be looked into.

Without using RDP, Splashtop or other similar streaming software you can't view another computers display on your "main" PC.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:26 am

dadoop wrote:I have set up my 4 man group in Path of exile as 2 separate character sets (2 teams of 2). PoE allows for only 2 game instances to be launched on one pc , hence the breakup.

This should be unnecessary since ISBoxer should be virtualizing the necessary files to "bypass" that. If it's not, then Lax may need to look at what's changed since it was first implemented.

dadoop wrote:I want to be able to control and view all 4 characters on one monitor . In other words, I want to see all 4 on one monitor, and also interact with each character on the same monitor, without having to readjust party members by using the second pc. Is there a way to do this?

Not possible. Video FX would be the only way to do this, but it does not work cross-computer at this time. A handful of others throughout the last few years have attempted ot use some sort of remote desktop option, but I have no details on any of that (plus it's probably a terrible solution to actually play the game with).
<<

dadoop

Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:12 pm

Thank you both for the timely replies. I chose to use 2 separate computers because I was told poe may ban multiboxing if more than 2 accounts are used. I have not tried running more than 2 instances for this reason. However, if this can be circumvented , things would be much easier and I would have no more issues. I'll try it and let you know how it goes.
<<

dadoop

Post Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Well, I got all of my accounts banned earlier today. Half of them were from the original open beta, and the other were made to use with ISboxer. I was running a 5 man party, 4 characters on main pc, and culler on second pc.

They said I breached term of usage , so officially this game will not allow multiboxing. It is really unfortunate because these past few days mutliboxing have been the most enjoyable and challenging I ever had playing Path of Exile. I had to come up with new builds and synergize the entire team. It made the game so much more enjoyable and it felt great not lagging everysingle time a rare mob popped up on the screen.

All of my legacy iiq /iir gear has been lost now, all of my items currency and high level characters gone and strangely enough I feel completely at peace with everything. At least I got to know how much better the game can be if they would allow people the choice to control the entire party . In any case,I truly believe this ISBoxer software should be bundled with the original PoE game download, because it would make the game that much more enjoyable.

Thank you for allowing me to try it out, and keep up the great work.

Return to Path of Exile