FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to ALWAYS Attack/Cast in the same place?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

DBawss

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:45 am

How to ALWAYS Attack/Cast in the same place?

Here's the deal, I have to Attack/Cast in the same place to avoid spreading my characters accross the screen.

I also don't want to play holding Shift 90% of the time, so instead I want to make it so every keybinded Skill is pressed together with Shift.

For those who don't know, PoE only has 8 Skill Keybinds (default) QWERT, MouseLeft, MouseMiddle, MouseRight.

So I want that whenever I press Q ingame, the actual command comes out like Shift+Q.

I think I got this working using the Key Re-Map function set to QWERT. However, there are 2 current issues with it:

1) I don't know how to turn it into a Toggle function, so as long as the Client is open, it is ALWAYS ON (I can't even type my password cuz half of it comes out in CAPSLOCK). I've tried using the Global KeyMap Toggle function, but it didn't affect this one.

2) I can't seem to find MouseLeft, MouseRight and MouseMiddle buttons in the Dropdown list of keybinds in Key Re-Map.

Thanks in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:35 am

Re: How to ALWAYS Attack/Cast in the same place?

1. In the Wizards menu select Mapped Key Wizard
2. Select a Key Map to put the mappings in; I recommend "Combat" (NOT "Alwyas On") and click Next
3. Select "Key Re-map" type of Mapped Key to set up and click Next
4. On the last page of the wizard, tell it the Hotkey you want to press (Q), the Key Combination you want it to send (Shift+Q) and where to send it (Window: All w/ Current). It may be beneficial to use the "Hold" option at the bottom, which will make it hold Shift+Q while you hold Q.
5. Finish the wizard
6. Export to Inner Space to activate your changes
<<

DBawss

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:56 am

Thanks for the quick response Lax, but it's almost exactly what I've done, except for this:
lax wrote:2. Select a Key Map to put the mappings in; I recommend "Combat" (NOT "Alwyas On") and click Next

However, this "Combat" is working exactly the same way as Always On (it's still typing my account info in UpperCase whenever I hit QWERT).
Maybe because PoE doesn't have a "In Combat/Out of Combat" stance like WoW.
It's pretty much like Diablo 2 mechanics.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 am

I know how the game works, yes.

However, this "Combat" is working exactly the same way as Always On (it's still typing my account info in UpperCase whenever I hit QWERT).

Right, it would, except that putting your mappings in "Always On" means the Key Maps toggle (Shift+Alt+M) does not turn them off.

Did you enable the "Hold" option on the last page?

You don't have BOTH hotkeys still active (the new ones, and the ones in Always On), do you? You would want to delete your old ones, especially if one is set to Hold and one is not; the Hold wouldn't work right in this case.

Also, I had to remove your other post for rule violation.
<<

DBawss

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:11 am

lax wrote:"Always On" means the Key Maps toggle (Shift+Alt+M) does not turn them off.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh nice, that makes sense, it's now toggling!!! :D :D :D

lax wrote:Did you enable the "Hold" option on the last page?

Yes

lax wrote:Also, I had to remove your other post for rule violation.

Hm... I'm sorry about this one, I'll better read again the Forum Rules :oops:

And... is there a workaround for my last question?
"2) I can't seem to find MouseLeft, MouseRight and MouseMiddle buttons in the Dropdown list of keybinds in Key Re-Map."
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:38 pm

Mouse1 = left
Mouse2 = right
Mouse3 = middle
<<

DBawss

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:57 pm

:o :o that was sooooo helpful, thanks a lot Lax!!! :D :D

Return to Path of Exile