FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Path of Exile Duo won't launch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

DBawss

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:46 am

Path of Exile Duo won't launch

Hi, this is my first time using a multibox software. I've followed all the standard procedures to setup my game, but whenever I click on Launch, the clients wont open.
Nothing happens, no popup messages.

What informations do I have to send you to help me out on this one? I use nVidia driver, but there is no NVIDIA ForceWare installed on my PC, so I don't know what else my can be affecting the launch.

Thanks in advance :)
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Path of Exile Duo won't launch

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:57 pm

<<

DBawss

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:14 pm

firescue17 wrote:Did you try this viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5308#p24461?

Not yet, because I'm first trying to get it work with only 2 accounts, which should be working as usual :)

MiRai wrote:http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics

Thanks MiRai, here's my private paste link: http://www.privatepaste.com/de6b0f790b

Ok, so infact I've spotted a process called NvNetworkService.exe, which is not listed as a program on my Programs and Features Pannel and I tried stopping its process to delete it, by following this steps:
http://windowsvc.com/bbs/board.php?bo_t ... r_id=78678
and it worked.
Last edited by DBawss on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

DBawss

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:49 pm

Ok, so I've managed to stop that process and manually delete it from my PC, but the game still won't launch.
It was previously targeting the Client.exe file and a system tray error message said there was an error with the client, so I'm now targeting the PathOfExile.exe file.
There's no error messages, but not even a single copy lauch :/

Here's the new privatepaste: http://www.privatepaste.com/b6a44bdf88
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:17 pm

Was there another thread which stated that "Forceware" or "NvNetworkService.exe" were bad? Forceware is what nVidia calls its drivers, so if you were to remove your nVidia drivers I doubt you'd have much luck multiboxing, let alone, playing solo. As for the other process, I've not heard of it being malicious.

Either way, I don't see anything that would necessarily stop you from playing the game unless you're actually trying to use nVidia 3D Surround. If you are, then disable it. If you've never used it and don't plan on ever using it, then go grab the most up-to-date drivers from nvidia.com and do a complete uninstall of your current drivers. When reinstalling, do a custom (and clean) install, and when asked, uncheck the option to for 3D surround.

Then try launching the Character Set again.
<<

DBawss

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:33 pm

MiRai wrote:Was there another thread which stated that "Forceware" or "NvNetworkService.exe" were bad? Forceware is what nVidia calls its drivers, so if you were to remove your nVidia drivers I doubt you'd have much luck multiboxing, let alone, playing solo. As for the other process, I've not heard of it being malicious.

Either way, I don't see anything that would necessarily stop you from playing the game unless you're actually trying to use nVidia 3D Surround. If you are, then disable it. If you've never used it and don't plan on ever using it, then go grab the most up-to-date drivers from nvidia.com and do a complete uninstall of your current drivers. When reinstalling, do a custom (and clean) install, and when asked, uncheck the option to for 3D surround.

Then try launching the Character Set again.

Yes there's a thread about it: viewtopic.php?p=4882 , but I've just disabled the Network Service, which is responsible for connecting the GeForce Experience software with the server. I've read posts about ppl complaining about it for using the bandwidth and unwanted process at random times. Anyways, the game is still working as intended if I manually login/play.

I don't know the answers for the 3D Surround, but I'll try to reinstall as you've said.
<<

DBawss

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:06 pm

I'm sorry for the delay, but there was a blackout on my region and I took about 2 hours to download the new driver...

Anyways, THE GAME LAUNCHED!!!! (yes it was some issue related to the nVidia Driver, I uninstalled all related products and performed a Clean Installation)

However, only the 1 Client is launching at a time, is it normal on PoE? I have to manually click on the next character I want to open after the 1st.

But anyways, IT IS WORKING!!!! Thank you very much MiRai, I would never imagine something so simple would give me so much trouble :<
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:35 pm

DBawss wrote:However, only the 1 Client is launching at a time, is it normal on PoE? I have to manually click on the next character I want to open after the 1st.

I don't know how PoE operates, but if it uses a launcher then you have to close the launcher before a new one will pop up. In general, you've got 3 minutes to launch a single character, so if it takes longer than 3 minutes for whatever reason, you'll have to start the launch process from where it stalled by just re-launching your Character Set.
<<

DBawss

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:28 pm

MiRai wrote:I don't know how PoE operates, but if it uses a launcher then you have to close the launcher before a new one will pop up.

Oh Never mind, I've just tried on my desktop PC and it's working perfeclty, one Launching after another Client/Loading finishes :D
But I've got a few questions:

1) Can I make them "autologin" (inserting the email and password of each one of the accounts)?

2) I want to make them hold "Shift" every time I use a skill (so that they all Cast/Attack in the same place). At the moment I've made a Key Re-Map for the keys QWERT, to ShiftQWERT. But it's ALWAYS ON, how can I turn this into a Toggle function? I've already tried using the Active Maps toggle, but it doesn't seem to afect this Re-Maps...

3) I still have to add the Right Mouse Button and Middle Mouse Button to this Shift Re-Map, but I can't seem to find their corresponding bindings in the Wizard's Dropdown list :/
Last edited by DBawss on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Next

Return to Path of Exile