FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

patch 1.0.6 limit number of instances to 2

Moderator: MiRai

<<

remanz

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:12 am

patch 1.0.6 limit number of instances to 2

As title stated, GGG implemented a patch that limits number of POE instances per OS to 2.

can Innerspace utilize its magic and run more than 2 ?

The current version of ISBOXER only works with 2 now.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:14 am

Re: patch 1.0.6 limit number of instances to 2

Yes I confirm this, my team of 4 won't open. I can only open 2 clients and then the process stops.

I'm pretty sure that Lax can fix this, but the question is, does he want to ?

PS : so we are at least 2 active multiboxers in PoE :)
<<

flash

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:36 am

i multioxed this game for several month, but imho the game mechanics make it not profitable to do this. Now with the removed Quantity from Party Members its even worse. Instead you are much faster on stacking mf on a char and run for yourself. I made solo much more currency than with multiboxing.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:14 am

Luckily restrictions like these are trivially worked around (I did explain this to them during beta), and not only by a) multiple computers, b) virtual machines, and c) sandboxie.

ISBoxer is in the middle of a beta right now, so I can't patch this immediately but I am going to provide you a workaround until this is permanently patched into ISBoxer:
1. Use the Virtual File Wizard in the Wizards menu
2. Paste in "Global/PoERunMutexA" with no quotes in the filename box
3. Click Next
4. On the last page, add it to your POE characters
5. Export to Inner Space
6. Lanuch your team

As you can see, it's a Virtual File; this is not a POE client modification or hack, and the limitation in the client is unchanged. (Whether GGG bans you for multiboxing or not is still up to them, obviously.)
<<

raisedhollow

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:04 pm

yeah it worked -edited
<<

cmoidudu

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:59 pm

Thanks for your work Lax. I'm busy ATM and I haven't tried yet, but I will.

flash wrote:i multioxed this game for several month, but imho the game mechanics make it not profitable to do this. Now with the removed Quantity from Party Members its even worse. Instead you are much faster on stacking mf on a char and run for yourself. I made solo much more currency than with multiboxing.

There's a ton of things you can benefit from multiboxing, like :

- Have one character stack as much MF as possible, and Culling Strike (and shitty stats otherwise). Other characters are maxxed dps. Voilà, you have a killer team that gets 20-25 yellows from each map boss.

There's plenty of things that you can benefit from if you think a little, I don't really want to expose them in case GGG is reading this forum (which they surely do). It's not exploiting (as far as multiboxing is not exploiting), it's just spreading skills to multiple characters instead of one...

Also I don't know why GGG is so nervous about multiboxing. Multiboxing is playing. Not in the way they want to, but still playing.

And about all the spam from websites selling currency etc. let me tell you that they don't gather currency from multiboxing of even botting. It's hacking, plain and simple. I have seen it with my own eyes in WoW, when I was in French Polynesia I used to play when everybody else is sleeping, and I saw level 1 characters just be instantly created in the middle of nowhere and immediately move/fly to majors towns in order to spam gold farming site messages... This is how they do in WoW, this is probably happening in PoE.
<<

flash

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:14 am

yea i had a Team of 6 and was Mapping, there are huge benifits of party play in this game. For example Elemental Equilibrium, MF Culling Char, shockstacks, auras, uniques and so on. And i got good loot. But the time to handle it was so damn slow. The collusion control of the chars and the time to handle loot between them makes it so painfull. I think GGG made a good job to make multiboxing inefficent enough. Rich people in this game don't multibox. They play alot, flip, trade or bot.
But i understand its fun to multibox and make strong party combos. Its a new level of theory crafting. I enjoyed this part very much.
<<

remanz

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:12 pm

agree with Flash.

this is not wow nor d3. I box this just for fun, not for efficiency.

multiboxing in this game (more than 2), i am sorry to say, is MOST definitely not as efficient as playing one as far as farming goes. Playing 6, you need to gear up 6. Also with character collision, we go out of sync too quickly. So 60% time spent gathering all toons together, and that's with the map that you CAN do. When you get to level 69+ maps with a bunch of difficult affixs, boxing is just too hard. My slaves are dying left and right, not to trash, to unique bosses. The only way I see working is to decked them all out with 100+ex gears. Then 600 ex , is the money you will never make back with the life of this game. Realistically, all these MMO games, none of them last that long. We always move on to new things.

Playing 2 however, I see that work pretty well. Resync take minimum time when you only control 2 characters. One damage, the other MF culler. Can do end game maps as well.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:35 am

100+ exalts per char ? Geez !

I have a team of 4 with only self-found stuff and I believe I'm doing well. I have gone as far as level 73 maps (because I haven't been lucky with higher level map drops), and what I can't do is what regular players can't do (like the Temple map boss etc).

My biggest concern is 6-linking, ATM all my toons have 5-linked stuff, but I haven't been able to 6-link a single item. Still this is not a problem due to multi-boxing, it's a problem that any regular player have. And anyway my toons are doing well with 5L's.

I have a team of only 4 because I played a team of 6 before, and :

1- a team of 6 takes too much time to move properly with desyncs and character collision (as stated before)
2- with a team of 6 I have loot all over the screen if ever I kill a big pack of "blues" or a double boss from map affix, and I'm lazy reading all of it.
3- a team of 4 is enough to stack all the skills and auras that I scheduled.

My toons don't die too much in a team of 4, except from some random desync that I couldn't notice in time... Like you have your team doing well then suddenly one of your toon pops in another room full of critters. But every multiboxer knows what I'm talking of.

Also I ran a team of 2 during the one-week Nemesis Race but I couldn't do much since I'm busy IRL ATM. But it was working pretty well.
Last edited by cmoidudu on Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Path of Exile