FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Login Menu not showing up and some display problems

Moderator: MiRai

<<

totolove1

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:54 am

Login Menu not showing up and some display problems

I have some problems so far,

First off, when I go into Window Layout. It shows my two monitor setup as DISPLAY 2 | DISPLAY1 in the region area, as in my D2 is on my left and D1 is on my right. I have checked my windows settings and D1 is on my left and D2 is on my right. This makes it so I have to make my own regions- how do I fix this?

Secondly, I six box and like to have one window taking up my full screen on my left and five windows on my right. If I use a default region layout (which ends up being 5 Left 1 Right due to the display issues), everything works fine. If I change regions around manually and make it so the left monitor has one full window and the right monitor has 5 smaller windows, the login literally just disappears. It loads PoE but only the background and absolutely nothing else. Sound plays and such, but the menus are not there. I can hear clicking and such if I click where they should be, though.

Also, when I try to load all instances of the game I get an error: The D3D device has a non-zero reference count. It will still load if I hit OK but very annoying. The first isntance runs fine, but the 2nd-6th all give this error. Looks like it happens after the instance is loaded and it tries to swap to the secondary screen.

There is a blue square around my mouse on my non-focused instances too. I do not remember having this before (I multiboxed PoE half a year ago).

Been sitting in chat and no help yet.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:58 am

Re: Login Menu not showing up and some display problems

Try changing the game's windowed mode setting; this may help with most of your issues.

First off, when I go into Window Layout. It shows my two monitor setup as DISPLAY 2 | DISPLAY1 in the region area, as in my D2 is on my left and D1 is on my right. I have checked my windows settings and D1 is on my left and D2 is on my right. This makes it so I have to make my own regions- how do I fix this?

Secondly, I six box and like to have one window taking up my full screen on my left and five windows on my right. If I use a default region layout (which ends up being 5 Left 1 Right due to the display issues), everything works fine.

The Window Layout Wizard positions your displays exactly as Windows has them defined, using the coordinates provided by Windows. You could be confused by the display NAMES, being \\.\DISPLAY2 and \\.\DISPLAY1, being different than you expect them to be? It doesn't necessarily match the monitor numbers shown in your Display Properties (which might show 1 on the left and 2 on the right)

You can change how many instances are on each monitor during the wizard. Under the "Multiple monitors" heading in the properties box, expand the "Swap Groups" and here it will allow you to put in the number of instances you want on each monitor. You can also switch which monitor ISBoxer uses as the primary display for the generated style; click the "Use monitors" option and a "..." button will appear. Click this button, and it brings up a "collection editor" window (I didn't design this particular window, it's a built in thing). With this editor window open, on the left is a list of the displays; the topmost one will be used as the primary monitor for the Window Layout style. Move whichever one you want to the top using the up/down arrows, and click OK.
<<

totolove1

Post Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Thanks.

Everything I've seen says the Displays are labelled as 1/2 in Windows and 2/1 in ISBoxer. Is there a way to change this in Windows? Isn't it really weird that the menu just..disappeared though?

Also, is there a way to block certain inputs? I would like to block # and $ from my unfocused windows. I toggle broadcast on and off a lot and accidentally speaking with all my multiboxers at once in trade or general chat would probably be an instant ban.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Everything I've seen says the Displays are labelled as 1/2 in Windows and 2/1 in ISBoxer. Is there a way to change this in Windows?

The Display Properties in Windows have all of the related settings... but the outputs on your video cards are still going to be labelled \\.\DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 and they are still not necessarily going to match up with the 1/2 in Windows which you might see from the "Identify" button in the Display Properties. In fact the output names may not be 1 and 2 at all; if you reinstall your drivers they might even be called \\.\DISPLAY3 and \\.\DISPLAY4, while Windows would still label the monitors "1" and "2"

Isn't it really weird that the menu just..disappeared though?

Sure.

is there a way to block certain inputs? I would like to block # and $ from my unfocused windows. I toggle broadcast on and off a lot and accidentally speaking with all my multiboxers at once in trade or general chat would probably be an instant ban.

Use the Mapped Key Wizard from the Wizards menu to set up a "Straight Key Broadcast". Use # and $ (or whatever) as the Hotkeys, and tell it to send these keys only to "Window:Current".

Return to Path of Exile