FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need help with configuring ISBoxer!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

extremeftw

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:28 am

Need help with configuring ISBoxer!

Hey guys/girls!

I recently discovered ISBoxer, and I have to say that I can already appreciate how amazing and powerful this software is; however it is also noticeable that it has somewhat of a learning curve towards learning how to use the program effectively. I have been trying to get it working optimally for Path of Exile, but I have hit a few roadblocks. To save time, I will get straight to the issue: How can I configure ISBoxer so that movement with my characters is in sync and is efficient to do? I tried following the guide in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3705&start=0#p15824 but I ran into problems because my copied active repeat was different than the one in the guide. I am looking to run as many accounts as I can (6 being the limit) but I understand running 6 at the same time is probably difficult so I don't mind starting small at 2 or 3. I just need some help in getting my movement across characters setup, then I think I would be good to go, but of course I will gladly take note of any other tips that anybody posts in this thread! Perhaps it would be easiest if someone provides their own configuration file (I don't think submitting my config file would help too much since I kind of messed around with it a bit trying to get it to work!).

I tried looking at other tutorials, but since I have questions of my own I figured it would be helpful to simply make my own thread. If it helps, I have the trial version currently but if I can get it working optimally, I will subscribe.

Thanks for your time, and thank you to the author/s for making such a cool bit of software! :D

- extreme.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:55 am

Re: Need help with configuring ISBoxer!

Because of the character collision stuff in PoE you can't have your character moving in the same direction exactly. You will have to re-stack your team all the time using "corners" in the game map...

Out of that, just start with a blank file in the "ISBoxer Suite" configuration software, use the "Quick Setup Wizard", follow the required steps, and let the Wizard set everyting for you. You really don't need anything else for PoE.

And do not try to use 6 characters at once. At high levels, with all the particle effects, your computer won't probably handle it (unless you are a liquid-cooled freak), and it will really be a pain to move your team. Also when you kill a boss you'll have your screen covered with useless "white" loot (of course you have more "good" loot too) and after a while that's really an annoyance. I have been playing 6 characters, now I'm done to 4 and I'm happy with in :)
<<

extremeftw

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:03 am

cmoidudu wrote:Because of the character collision stuff in PoE you can't have your character moving in the same direction exactly. You will have to re-stack your team all the time using "corners" in the game map...

Out of that, just start with a blank file in the "ISBoxer Suite" configuration software, use the "Quick Setup Wizard", follow the required steps, and let the Wizard set everyting for you. You really don't need anything else for PoE.

And do not try to use 6 characters at once. At high levels, with all the particle effects, your computer won't probably handle it (unless you are a liquid-cooled freak), and it will really be a pain to move your team. Also when you kill a boss you'll have your screen covered with useless "white" loot (of course you have more "good" loot too) and after a while that's really an annoyance. I have been playing 6 characters, now I'm done to 4 and I'm happy with in :)

I see. Thanks for the advice. Just curious - what level have you been able to multibox up to? Do you feel like its been worth the hinderance of controlling/moving each character often?
<<

cmoidudu

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:07 am

I had a team of 6 Templars, went to level 77 with them, then I switched to a team of 4 level 71 Witches on Normal League.

I stopped playing for some months, and with the release of the game I started another team of 4 Witches on Domination League, they're in the early 30's ATM.

Is it worth doing it ? Heh, I do this just for fun, not farming/selling or that kind of stuff. So, since it's fun, it's worth doing it ;)
<<

extremeftw

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:54 pm

cmoidudu wrote:I had a team of 6 Templars, went to level 77 with them, then I switched to a team of 4 level 71 Witches on Normal League.

I stopped playing for some months, and with the release of the game I started another team of 4 Witches on Domination League, they're in the early 30's ATM.

Is it worth doing it ? Heh, I do this just for fun, not farming/selling or that kind of stuff. So, since it's fun, it's worth doing it ;)

What kind of builds have you been using? Could you link to passive tree and say what gems you've used?

Return to Path of Exile