FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Path Of Exile 1.0.0 crashing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:36 am

Re: Path Of Exile 1.0.0 crashing

Okay guys I've managed to get some useful information here.

Here's what happens...

First, there seems to be a bug in Inner Space where the game is getting the 0x0 size from instead of the correct size it should be writing to the .ini file; I'm working on tracking that down. The 0 size gets written to the .ini file when you close the game. When the size is 0 in this file, and the game is in true Windowed mode (but not Windowed Fullscreen), Path of Exile crashes -- even without ISBoxer/Inner Space. So anyone (Grinding Gear Games) can duplicate this crash simply by setting the resolution_width and resolution_height to 0 in production_Config.ini, have fullscreen=false and borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false, and launch the game. This crash is a bug in the game that GGG could fix.

There is a simple way around this crash: Set the game to Windowed Fullscreen mode in the in-game video options. It will no longer crash in this mode, allowing ISBoxer to continue working fine :)
<<

serial_influx

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: Path Of Exile 1.0.0 crashing

lax wrote:Okay guys I've managed to get some useful information here.

Here's what happens...

First, there seems to be a bug in Inner Space where the game is getting the 0x0 size from instead of the correct size it should be writing to the .ini file; I'm working on tracking that down. The 0 size gets written to the .ini file when you close the game. When the size is 0 in this file, and the game is in true Windowed mode (but not Windowed Fullscreen), Path of Exile crashes -- even without ISBoxer/Inner Space. So anyone (Grinding Gear Games) can duplicate this crash simply by setting the resolution_width and resolution_height to 0 in production_Config.ini, have fullscreen=false and borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false, and launch the game. This crash is a bug in the game that GGG could fix.

There is a simple way around this crash: Set the game to Windowed Fullscreen mode in the in-game video options. It will no longer crash in this mode, allowing ISBoxer to continue working fine :)

That is some good info Lax, thank you! :D
Previous

Return to Path of Exile