FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Really bad FPS lag with ISboxer.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun May 12, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Really bad FPS lag with ISboxer.

I tried hyperthreading on/off in cpu strategy, seems to make no difference.

Your CPU doesn't have HyperThreading, it's just 4 cores. As the option says when you click on it, what this actually DOES is make the CPU Strategy double up on the cores. This is only relevant if you are selecting the Round-robin CPU Strategy. Since you're now picking the the All windows All cores setting, this means the HyperThreading option is expected to do nothing. In your last paste, your CPU cores are fully utilized, so that is fine. Your GPU is still available for more work though.

I have attempted to lower the texture quality via the games Ini. Basically it makes the game look like a potato. Even with that still hitting 100% cpu...

Texture quality and other graphics related options will mostly reduce GPU load rather than CPU load.

Your best bet might be to disable/lower non-graphical options in the game, or alternatively to purposefully lower your maximum FPS, particularly for background windows.
<<

powerpc

Post Sun May 12, 2013 8:48 pm

Theres no other options to lower nongraphical settings, other than more resolution....

If i lower FPS for background windows then I am going to have a sync issue... :|

I mean 30 would be fine, but the issues are really prevalent when i get brought down to 10.
<<

randomdante

Post Tue May 28, 2013 5:50 am

-Side note, Is there a way to do the stacked window layout with different resolutions on each poe? For example the front one would be using a playable resolution, and the 2 background instances would use something unplayable like 800x600, only there if i need to switch out and resync.... I figure if I could do this, then the 2 really bad resolution PoE's would leave enough processing power for me to have no fps issue anymore....

Any answer on this ? This would be pretty awesome but as it is it seems the cursor positions just can't match if you do this. Maybe there's a way to fix it though which I haven't figured yet.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 28, 2013 8:34 am

randomdante wrote:
-Side note, Is there a way to do the stacked window layout with different resolutions on each poe? For example the front one would be using a playable resolution, and the 2 background instances would use something unplayable like 800x600, only there if i need to switch out and resync.... I figure if I could do this, then the 2 really bad resolution PoE's would leave enough processing power for me to have no fps issue anymore....

Any answer on this ? This would be pretty awesome but as it is it seems the cursor positions just can't match if you do this. Maybe there's a way to fix it though which I haven't figured yet.

1. In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Window Layouts, select yours
2. In the bottom right pane, uncheck the "Instant Swapping" option (which syncs resolutions)
3. In the bottom left pane, select Regions
4. In the bottom right pane, select the Regions you want to resize (you can use the drop-down in the top right corner to pick ones you cannot see because of the stack)
5. Adjust the size field, which allows you to enter the numbers 800 and 600

This will also throw off mouse broadcasting due to different resolutions. If you're mouse broadcasting, then you want to:
1. In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Repeater Profile, select yours
2. In the bottom right pane, set "Cursor positioning mode" to "Scaled to fit"

Export to Inner Space to activate changes
<<

randomdante

Post Tue May 28, 2013 10:38 am

Wow that is amazing, thanks for your answer again !

I suppose I should stay away from window swapping though with this setting ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 28, 2013 12:23 pm

randomdante wrote:Wow that is amazing, thanks for your answer again !

I suppose I should stay away from window swapping though with this setting ?

If they're set to Full Screen Stacked, window "swapping" (which would dynamically change the sizes) is already disabled anyway. It is advised to avoid swapping that changes sizes when you have Instant Swapping off, yes, due to it no longer being instant.
Previous

Return to Path of Exile