FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tip: How I Keep My Characters Synced In PoE.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

senorblack

Posts: 3

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:30 am

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:22 am

Tip: How I Keep My Characters Synced In PoE.

Hi everybody! I'm new to this forum and ISBoxer. Recently I began to multibox 5 accounts; 2 on my laptop and 3 on my desktop (resolution 800x600 each screen), using a separate display and character set for each. I do have instant swapping checked, but only to synchronize the windows, otherwise I do not use swapping.

As the people on this forum have found, Path of Exile is a relatively difficult game to multibox. For one, there is no auto-follow/assist/aim. Lack of movement keys removes the possibility of formations. The characters don't stack, but rather bump into each other like psycho billiard balls. Another issue is the different movement speed of each character, forcing you into using 5 of the same class (unless you figure out a perfect balance between the classes' movement speed or something). There is a big problem with the characters spreading shortly after moving. Spread too far, and it can be a certain death sentence.

To get my toons together after they spread, I would run into a convenient wall/corner. When no wall or corner was available, I would take control of each toon separately (using a second set of keyboard/mouse), and move them close together before advancing. However, there is a simpler way to control each character individually from your main screen!

This is how I set it up:

Step 1: Key Maps
Step 2: Always On
Step 3: Right-click "Activate Repeat" and press "Make Copy" - rename it
Step 4: Click on the newly made copy of repeat.
Step 5: Under Steps, click on the first one
Step 6: In the lower-right box, under "New Repeater Target", choose the character you would like to control from your main screen.
Step 7: Check "Block buttons from originating window"
Repeat Steps 3-7 for each character you want to control.

Image


As you can see, I setup 4 different repeaters with their own hotkeys. When I press F1, the repeater activates on a specific character slot while being blocked from my main screen. This allows me to move only the character bound to F1 by clicking around the character on my main screen. I can now move each of my toons individually from my main screen. "New Repeater Target" allows me to choose character slots from my 2nd pc, so using multiple pcs is not an issue here.

All in all, this is not a perfect solution but in my opinion it is a step forward. Another option I found was using VideoFX to generate live feeds of each window next to my main screen, and then controlling each toon from the video feed using a repeater region. Alas, VideoFX does not work with multiple PCs, so this does not help my particular case. How else do you guys keep your toons synced efficiently?
<<

Infested88

Posts: 14

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:02 am

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:03 am

Re: Tip: How I Keep My Characters Synced In PoE.

Yo dude, I just signed upto forums to say MAD PROPS for this thank you so much!
<<

Infested88

Posts: 14

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:02 am

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Tip: How I Keep My Characters Synced In PoE.

I got a question too, how to I re-add the cursor for one of the hotkeys? I made 7 for the 6 I use. 1 indivual for all, 1 to control all at once. but I need that cursor back so bad.
<<

Tojarg

Posts: 11

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:29 am

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:09 am

Re: Tip: How I Keep My Characters Synced In PoE.

it doesnt work for me :( do i need to do everything in your screen?because i cant find the option for it, sry i am new at this and i cant find it :D
Attachments
ISboxer.jpg
ISboxer.jpg (301.7 KiB) Viewed 10953 times
<<

Infested88

Posts: 14

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:02 am

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:27 am

Re: Tip: How I Keep My Characters Synced In PoE.

Tojarg wrote:it doesnt work for me :( do i need to do everything in your screen?because i cant find the option for it, sry i am new at this and i cant find it :D


Yes following every direction, but this removes the cursor across the screens for some reason.
<<

Tojarg

Posts: 11

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:29 am

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Re: Tip: How I Keep My Characters Synced In PoE.

How did he do the "Next window" and " Previous window" part?and if you say i should follow the direction 1-7 or should i try to find everything in his pic?for exemple the "Repeater mouse On keyboard On -> self"part, do i need to do that too?if yes how?i cant find it :( withought that i should have the 1-7 but it doesnt work
<<

Infested88

Posts: 14

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:02 am

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:39 pm

Re: Tip: How I Keep My Characters Synced In PoE.

Tojarg wrote:How did he do the "Next window" and " Previous window" part?and if you say i should follow the direction 1-7 or should i try to find everything in his pic?for exemple the "Repeater mouse On keyboard On -> self"part, do i need to do that too?if yes how?i cant find it :( withought that i should have the 1-7 but it doesnt work



Yes you follow everything including what is in the pictures.

Use Ctrl + Alt + 1-6 to change cameras and F1-F6 to change characters without switching windows.
<<

Infested88

Posts: 14

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:02 am

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Re: Tip: How I Keep My Characters Synced In PoE.

Still looking for a way to restore my cursor.
<<

senorblack

Posts: 3

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:30 am

Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:59 am

Re: Tip: How I Keep My Characters Synced In PoE.

Infested88 wrote:I got a question too, how to I re-add the cursor for one of the hotkeys? I made 7 for the 6 I use. 1 indivual for all, 1 to control all at once. but I need that cursor back so bad.


I'm not sure what you mean by this. The cursors still show on my windows. Do you have "Show fake cursor when repeat is enabled" checked under Repeater Profiles? If not, check it. If you do, uncheck it. Try that.
<<

Infested88

Posts: 14

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:02 am

Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:08 am

Re: Tip: How I Keep My Characters Synced In PoE.

senorblack wrote:
Infested88 wrote:I got a question too, how to I re-add the cursor for one of the hotkeys? I made 7 for the 6 I use. 1 indivual for all, 1 to control all at once. but I need that cursor back so bad.


I'm not sure what you mean by this. The cursors still show on my windows. Do you have "Show fake cursor when repeat is enabled" checked under Repeater Profiles? If not, check it. If you do, uncheck it. Try that.


Yep it's still checked, they all just seem to of vanished after setting up your steps. And everything else works no probem.

It's really not a big deal I play full screened any way... but it's still sorta annoying for when I don't.
Next

Return to Path of Exile

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest