firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:30 pm

DoT Arrow Rotation for Elemental Ranger

This is an example of a Mapped Key for a low level Elemental Ranger in PoE:

Step 1: Poison Arrow
Step 2: Burning Arrow
Reset to step 1 after 4 seconds from last keypress

This allows one to refresh DoT damage without having to remember which arrow is next in the rotation. It resets to step 1 so the salvo always opens with the Poison AoE.

Practical Application:
1) Works great in dungeons; lure the mobs to a chokepoint at a doorway, open with poison arrow which ideally procs the AoE cloud, second shot ideally procs burning on the lead mob for the killshot. Third shot ideally refreshes the AoE poison cloud ... rinse and repeat.

2) The best use is for kiting bosses; once the trash is dead this Mapped Key cycles through the two arrows keeping the DoT damage rolling on the Boss while you're kiting.

Nothing earth shattering to see here, so far I haven't found much use for Mapped Keys.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: DoT Arrow Rotation for Elemental Ranger

I've tweaked this a little bit.

I've been running 3 health and 2 mana pots with the default keybinds. I've set up two more Mapped Keys for potions:

Health Pots: Hotkey 1
Step 1: 1 -> Self (1st HP Potion)
Step 2: 2 -> Self (2nd HP Potion)
Step 3: 3 -> Self (3rd HP Potion)

Mana Pots: Hotkey 2
Step 1: 4 -> Self (1st Mana Potion)
Step 2: 5 -> Self (2nd Mana Potion)

As I'm going through a map, instead of 5 potion keys, I only have to manage two. #1 cycles through all the HP pots; #2 cycles through all the Mana pots. Therefore, the bottle I just drank a charge from is recharging while the next bottle is queued up to be drunk from. This helps on Bosses when spamming potions by avoiding mashing the key for an empty potion bottle.

With that in mind, I've modified my Arrow Mapped Key as follows:
Step 1: Poison Arrow
Step 2: Burning Arrow
Step 3: Poison Arrow
Step 4: Burning Arrow
Step 5: Poison Arrow
Step 6: Burning Arrow
Step 7: Do Mana Pots -> Self
Reset to step 1 after 4 seconds from last keypress

I still have the same rotating cycle of DoT arrows as mentioned in the above post. However, when spamming this updated Mapped Key, every 3rd cycle I automatically drink a mana pot from whichever bottle is next in the rotation.

Return to Path of Exile