FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Setup for 6 boxes, can only launch 3. Help!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

BChizzle

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Setup for 6 boxes, can only launch 3. Help!

Hello, i set up my POE game for 6 boxes but only launches 3. the 4th one stays on the loading screen..right now i'm trying to get this to work before i make the purchase. Any help is appreciated thanks!
<<

ineedajob

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Re: Setup for 6 boxes, can only launch 3. Help!

Is there enough memory or is the cpu maxed out? A few screenshots and your toolkit profile would help if you can upload them. Maybe even your system specs.
<<

BChizzle

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:07 am

Thanks, i got the boxes to work, but it's EXTREMELY laggy to the point the characters are just skipping. I think my computer should be able to handle it, just built it 2 months ago with some pretty top of the line parts. Maybe i didn't set up something correctly?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:39 am

BChizzle wrote:Thanks, i got the boxes to work, but it's EXTREMELY laggy to the point the characters are just skipping. I think my computer should be able to handle it, just built it 2 months ago with some pretty top of the line parts. Maybe i didn't set up something correctly?

HOWTO: Tweak your framerate should generally set you straight as far as setting something up correctly for performance. The section about identifying framerate bottlenecks is especially important, as it will help you in identifying what is going slow.

But as ineedajob pointed out, we don't know anything about your system specs or your configuration. As far as system specs, what CPU do you have? What Video Card do you have -- or do you have more than one? (This is important, see GPU Management if you have multiple video cards) How much RAM do you have?

As far as your configuration, there's a sticky link in every forum section here that explains how to share your configuration for better support. :)
<<

BChizzle

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:42 pm

My Processor is
Intel i5-2500k . 3.30GHZz

RAM: 8GB

Vid Card : GeForce GTX570

Anything else i should post? I tried putting it to High Performance on my computer but still the same results. Super laggy
<<

BChizzle

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Edit: Nvm, lag still there
<<

ineedajob

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:01 pm

I also had issues running 6 clients at once with 8gb of ram. Windows 7 takes about 1.5gbs to run alone and this doesnt includes background programs. You might be running out of memory and if the graphical settings are up high then itll boggle it down even more. Depending on how many other programs you run at the same time and your windows layout I was able to run 4 poe clients efficiently with 8gbs of ram and an i5-2500k just like yourself. Turn off all background programs useing a good chunk of memory and then try running only 4 clients at once with all graphical settings at minimum. (I see very little difference when my graphical settings are maxed compared to the minimum)

Return to Path of Exile