Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 am

Path of Exile Open Beta starts today!

As of this post, in about 9 hours and 30 minutes we can all try out the open beta of Path of Exile, an upcoming Free-to-Play Action RPG (think Diablo 3) from indie outfit Grinding Gear Games.

I have heard nothing but good things about this game, I'm excited to try it myself actually. If you enjoy the game, definitely consider supporting the game and its developers, and encourage other companies to follow its F2P model!

As far as whether multiboxing is allowed in Path of Exile, certainly there have been several posts about it on the PoE forums, but I e-mailed Grinding Gear Games' lead producer and, at least for now, they do not plan to prohibit/ban anyone for multiboxing Path of Exile. The main things to remember, as with any game, are outlined on the Is ISBoxer Allowed? page -- summed up by "Be a Good Citizen (tm)". That is to say, if you cause problems for the game publisher, getting in their way of sharing this game with everyone, etc -- you should expect trouble in return!

I'll be keeping an eye out for ISBoxer bugs, and we'll probably another forum section. :)