FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Path of Exile [problems]

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:55 am

Re: Path of Exile [problems]

Here's mine: http://privatepaste.com/9830624c47.

It is about as minimal as you can get for an ISBoxer configuration. The only real difference between us is our Window Layouts. I use Slot Activate Hotkeys rather than clicking to swap and also use Focus Follows Mouse.

At this stage I'd be swapping your keyboard for another. What type is it?
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:07 am

Alge wrote:Here's mine: http://privatepaste.com/9830624c47.

It is about as minimal as you can get for an ISBoxer configuration. The only real difference between us is our Window Layouts. I use Slot Activate Hotkeys rather than clicking to swap and also use Focus Follows Mouse.

At this stage I'd be swapping your keyboard for another. What type is it?

Doh I'm an idiot. I didn't see you had replied so quickly & that it was on the second page xD!

I'm using a g11 keyboard, and ISboxer is picking it up but not using it for PoE? Hmmm

Any idea as to why my keyboard isn't being used by ISBoxer? :S
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:16 am

If there is configuration software that you are running for your keyboard then you must be running that software as administrator. Other than that, I got nothing.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:35 am

Alge wrote:If there is configuration software that you are running for your keyboard then you must be running that software as administrator. Other than that, I got nothing.

I just reinstalled my keyboard drivers & still got nothing. It's either something to do with Innerspace or ISBoxer :(!

[edit]: How did you do your quick-wizard setup? Where did you point InnerSpace to for PathofExile's exe? The root folder or the shortcut on your desktop? Also, did you use other -> POE.exe [root folder?] -> POE default config on config wizard?

I couldn't figure out how to load the config you shared so :P!
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:06 am

Plugging in a different keyboard didn't help :'(!
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:11 am

Seems to be an innerspace issues. When I right-click on innerspace -> My Path of Exile config (PoE) -> innerspace launchers Path of Exile my keyboard inputs are completely ignored with the window Innerspace has made.

Any ideas off the top of anyone's head why this is happening? :x
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:21 am

Get the "Diagnostics for game crashes" from ISBoxer's Help menu. Note that the instructions do say to run the game WITHOUT INNER SPACE in order to get these diagnostics.

If it works for Alge and not for you, then it's likely one of the following:
1. A setting that can be changed in the game (e.g. if the game lets you choose a renderer engine, select D3D9 or D3D11 as opposed to OpenGL or D3D10)
2. An incompatibility with your video driver (some have recently been reporting issues with IS on Intel graphics chips)
or
3. Some software running on your PC -- that isn't on Alge's -- that happens to have some incompatibility with IS.

With the requested diagnostics, I could get some idea on all 3 of those.

Also, you can always try the development build of Inner Space. Right click IS, select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. I don't think the current dev build will make a difference in this case, but it shouldn't hurt either.

Beyond that you will need to wait for me to get a chance to check it out. I'll be on the road all day today and tomorrow; Monday would be the earliest I could theoretically test this game.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:27 am

lax wrote:Get the "Diagnostics for game crashes" from ISBoxer's Help menu. Note that the instructions do say to run the game WITHOUT INNER SPACE in order to get these diagnostics.

If it works for Alge and not for you, then it's likely one of the following:
1. A setting that can be changed in the game (e.g. if the game lets you choose a renderer engine, select D3D9 or D3D11 as opposed to OpenGL or D3D10)
2. An incompatibility with your video driver (some have recently been reporting issues with IS on Intel graphics chips)
or
3. Some software running on your PC -- that isn't on Alge's -- that happens to have some incompatibility with IS.

With the requested diagnostics, I could get some idea on all 3 of those.

Also, you can always try the development build of Inner Space. Right click IS, select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. I don't think the current dev build will make a difference in this case, but it shouldn't hurt either.

Beyond that you will need to wait for me to get a chance to check it out. I'll be on the road all day today and tomorrow; Monday would be the earliest I could theoretically test this game.

Here's the log from using the "Diagnostics for Game Crashes" with Innerspace unloaded: http://privatepaste.com/036066a993

Path of Exile also does NOT have an option for anything above Dx9. I believe the game only uses Dx9 tbh, but I can't be 100% sure. Alge also didn't mention having to do anything out of the ordinary other than starting up so /shrug?
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:41 am

[Update]:

Apparently updating to the "Developer" build for innerspace fixed the issue! It was the last thing I was going to do since as you mentioned Lax it was HIGHLY unlikely. Sometimes programming/software can be a headache eh ;)?

I'm going to go 5box the CRAP out of POE now :3!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:55 am

Glad to hear you got it working then, either way! :) Dev build is always a good idea to at least try, if something goes wrong.
PreviousNext

Return to Path of Exile