FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Path of Exile [problems]

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Path of Exile [problems]

So i just recently got a 2nd account into beta, and was trying to get isBoxer to work with it. However, even though it boots up fine my keyboard refuses to work at all on either screen :(! It's like my keyboard is being locked out of both instances of the game :x!

I tried searching around, but no one apparently has reported this issue before? Is it perhaps that Path of Exile hasn't been looked at yet therefore isn't being read right :P? I was under the impression that if it runs on anything dx9 & newer it'd work "relatively" well right out of the box. Either I have a setting wrong somewhere or PoE just needs some support on the isBoxer end :3.

-Mojo
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:41 am

Re: Path of Exile [problems]

Nothing on this :/?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:46 am

Given that it's in closed beta and Lax is unlikely to have a beta account...

I signed up for beta so will try it out if/when I get in.

Oh, and something to try... in your Character Set, make sure "Make game believe it is foreground window" is checked.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:36 am

Alge wrote:Given that it's in closed beta and Lax is unlikely to have a beta account...

I signed up for beta so will try it out if/when I get in.

Oh, and something to try... in your Character Set, make sure "Make game believe it is foreground window" is checked.

Believe me, I tried the "Foreground" option. It didn't help :(. My keyboard inputs are completely shutdown when I try to use ISBoxer with Path of Exile. You can ALSO "donate" $10 to their new cash-shop in order to get a beta key within minutes.

My entire clan has done that, those who didn't get in anyways, and we're trolling around instances everywhere. However, I'd like to be able to box my own minion team and go nuts :D! If you liked Diablo & Diablo 2 you'll like PoE :)!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:00 am

I will check it out as soon as I can, possibly next week
<<

Alge

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:28 am

So, after checking out the website I became intrigued by this game. I signed up for one account and played for a bit and quite enjoyed it; certainly much more than I enjoyed the Diablo 3 demo (I mean beta).

Then I got a second account to see how it was from a boxing perspective. I am happy to report there are absolutely no issues with boxing this game. Both mouse and keyboard broadcasting work as expected. Key maps work as expected.

I'd suggest there may be an issue with your ISBoxer setup. See Sharing your ISBoxer configuration for details on how to show us that.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:58 am

Alge wrote:So, after checking out the website I became intrigued by this game. I signed up for one account and played for a bit and quite enjoyed it; certainly much more than I enjoyed the Diablo 3 demo (I mean beta).

Then I got a second account to see how it was from a boxing perspective. I am happy to report there are absolutely no issues with boxing this game. Both mouse and keyboard broadcasting work as expected. Key maps work as expected.

I'd suggest there may be an issue with your ISBoxer setup. See Sharing your ISBoxer configuration for details on how to show us that.

Hmmm, I recently wiped my computer due to a virus since my last post about this. I'll reinstall everything and see what's up. No idea what was wrong with my config when I tried this before, but I'll give it another shot.

Btw, how is boxing in PoE with isboxer? Do you have to have one toon following the other...or can you actually use mouse broadcast like normal to move both toons at the same time?

-Mojo
<<

Alge

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:20 am

There is no follow; you basically play with repeater on at all times. I'm finding ranged classes and holding shift while attacking works best. When my characters get too far apart I just flick repeater off (I have it bound to a thumb button), click on the non-active character (which makes my active character move to the inactive one) and then flick repeater back on again.

Just some advice - some of the community are very vocally against multiboxing in this game. I plan to spend most of my time in a party of 2 so all of the non-town areas are instanced and private. While the devs have said there is little they can do about people playing 2 characters at once I wouldn't be running around town with repeater on just yet.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:18 am

Alge wrote:There is no follow; you basically play with repeater on at all times. I'm finding ranged classes and holding shift while attacking works best. When my characters get too far apart I just flick repeater off (I have it bound to a thumb button), click on the non-active character (which makes my active character move to the inactive one) and then flick repeater back on again.

Just some advice - some of the community are very vocally against multiboxing in this game. I plan to spend most of my time in a party of 2 so all of the non-town areas are instanced and private. While the devs have said there is little they can do about people playing 2 characters at once I wouldn't be running around town with repeater on just yet.

I'm well aware of how the community feels hehe (many of my friends i've made in POE hate boxers lol). This is because the more people that are in a party == better xp & better loot. Essentially, higher level people invite other higher lvl people for item rarity runs JUST for exp (called leechers) so that the person running the "Leech Run" gets all the nice loot. The exp is insane, but the difficulty ramps up per character in the party.

Is there any way you could post your PoE config in ISBoxer? I just set it up AGAIN (granted I haven't used ISBoxer in awhile) and it's doing the same thing it did last time. When I start up the team via innerspace's ISBoxer team setup it gets to the login screen of all 5 of my accounts and my keyboard won't work :(. Any idea what's up with this? I'll post my own config in a second, but it's literally only 5minutes of setting it up. Nothing REALLY amazing about it.

-Mojo
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:20 am

Here's my config, again nothing new here that won't take anyone else 5minutes to setup. However, you may spot something I didn't do right since, again, i haven't setup isboxer in awhile and my last config was lost.

http://privatepaste.com/68c61131ec
Next

Return to Path of Exile