FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help with odd behavior in Pro Config

Moderator: MiRai

<<

wartooth

Post Sat May 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Help with odd behavior in Pro Config

Hi all, I set up a 5 toon team in WoW using ISBoxer 4.2 Quick Setup.

All seems great except that two of the toons, both mages, don't seem to want to do any of their actions. The tank does his thing, the healers do theirs, the mages just hang out.

I am sure it's something simple I'm missing but I have verified they have all the appropriate keys maps assigned, macro libraries, proper key map virtualization of the virtual combat key map, etc.

Here is the config.
https://pastebin.com/xA0TppRZ

If any could offer any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I've been troubleshooting this for a few days and just don't see what is preventing the mages from participating.

Thanks!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 05, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Help with odd behavior in Pro Config

There are a couple of minor things I see so far.

1. When disabling mapped key steps, don't disable the current executing step (Mage Ability keymap, Frost Ability - also in your others). Disable the mapped key up the chain which calls this one (Use a Mapped Key State Action, rather than a State Step action). The best one to disable is the Virtual Combat one (e.g, Virtual Combat, DPS rotation), although you could probably get away with the Class mapped key in your set if it is possible each ability mapped key might be in multiple items at the class level). As each toon has their own copy of key maps when executing, this works rather well.
Basic rule is "Don't cut the branch you are sitting on"

2. You don't need to reset mapped keys back to step 1 when they reach the last step. They'll do it automatically. (Mage Class keymap, DPS Rotation step 2).

Other than that, it looks like it should work.

What does the debug console window show?

/e
p.s. Forgot to ask. Do they have a target??
<<

wartooth

Post Sat May 05, 2018 10:01 pm

Hi Bob, thanks for the reply! I see what your saying regarding the disable steps. I will work on changing that.

Roger that on the reset step.

Yes, they have targets and the debug window shows they are executing the Mage virtual combat key map. It probably has to do with what you have indicated regarding cutting the branch I am sitting on lol! Great analogy.

I post back after I test this tonight.

Appreciate the help!
<<

wartooth

Post Sun May 06, 2018 8:14 am

Here is my updated profile. I make the changes to the step behavior, is this what you were referring to in terms of moving the timer actions up the stack? I set them to occur on the character level mapped keys
i.e. Class - Mage - Frost and disabled the specific steps that needed timers for cooldown. I did get actions to occur once I did this.

https://pastebin.com/CiGbcgUU
<<

bob

Post Sun May 06, 2018 3:12 pm

Yep, that was what I meant.

The setup you are currently using for enable/disable is for managing COOLDOWN, not CAST time. If you need to manage CAST/GCD then use a Mapped Key State Action, and disable/enable the DPS Rotation in Virtual Combat.

Also, in your Mage Class DPS rotation you have 3 steps of the same thing (calling Ice Lance). This is unneeded, as with step 1 disabled, it would just use step 2 every time. No need to have a rotation of 3 steps of the same thing for it to rotate through.
<<

wartooth

Post Sun May 06, 2018 5:00 pm

Bob, you are correct, I said cooldown but meant cast time. On that note, do you have an example or is there an existing post that demonstrates how to manage cooldowns vs cast time?

Thanks again for the pro tips!
<<

bob

Post Sun May 06, 2018 5:31 pm

Managing Cast time is about not getting the next instruction to press a key while you are casting, which is why I suggested to disable the Mapped Key in Virtual Combat using a Mapped Key State Action to manage Cast time.

In this case you are firing the DPS Rotation, so if you disable that with a target of self (Window:Current), and then renable it after the expected cast time, then the DPS Rotation hotkey will not send another keystroke to the toon while it is disabled for that toon.

e.g.

Disabling the step in the Class mapped key is all about managing cooldown. You could set it up differently, but to manage cooldown, the easiest method using your setup would be Casttime + Cooldown = amountoftimetodisablestep in class key map.

Of other note, you probably don't need the reset timer in that mapped key. You have the timer setup for a pool of 1, with replace, and it will never execute the reset while the Class mapped key step is disabled, so by the time it can execute it, the timers pool is cleared, and the reset is pointless.
<<

wartooth

Post Mon May 07, 2018 11:48 am

Ok, so if I'm following you, as an example I have frostbolt at 2 second cast time. I'll disable the virtual combat key map -> DPS Rotation keymap for 2 seconds. The mage has a 1.5 second GCD so in my Class mapped keys I would disable DPS Rotation -> Frostbolt Step for 3.5 seconds with no need for a timer reset. This would allow for no interruptions during the cast but the fall through to the class key map will ensure that other actions can occur when the 2 second timer expires in the virtual combat key map but the Frostbolt step honors the GCD due to that disable for the additional 1.5 seconds.

So there are two disable actions, one at the virtual combat key map level to handle cast times, and a second at the class key map to account for the total time (cast time + GCD).

Is this correct?

Thanks for the assistance, truly appreciate the time! I will redo the profile tonight and post it back up.
<<

bob

Post Mon May 07, 2018 2:50 pm

exactly.....

with the timers, you usually need 1 per mapped key so they don't get all confused about what is doing what (maybe that's just to save yourself). So, you would only need the one for the virtual combat DPS Rotation mapped key, because it is the mapped key which is being affected. It is the mapped key being affected, not the mapped key which is doing the dirty which matters here (note that if you were affecting steps, you should probably have a timer per step, just like you did with your Frost Ability cooldown).
<<

wartooth

Post Mon May 07, 2018 11:49 pm

Ok Bob. Here is the latest. I have not done any parses yet, but it seems the abilities are all firing now. So anything that had a cast time was handled at the Virtual Combat Key Map level and also at the Class Key Map for the cast time + cooldown. Anything that was instant, the Paladin for instance is all instant with cooldowns, I handled all those just at the Class Key Map level. This closer to what you were suggesting in terms of handling the rotations?

https://pastebin.com/4XgYJrny

Thanks!
Next

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration