FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pro System - Rotations all triggering same in-game keys

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Eldrinarr

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:52 am

Pro System - Rotations all triggering same in-game keys

Hello everyone,

I am setting up Pro config for FFXIV and ran into strange behavior. I followed MiRai's Pro setup series and everything went as planned; or so I thought. I must have missed something. The current setup is kind of in test mode while I tried to figure out the problem so it's still rough labeling and feature-wise.

Situation:

I am using the DPS rotation and the PVP DPS rotation tied to the Gladiator/Paladin Key Map. This character is in Slot 1 of FFXIV Main Character Set. DPS Rotation set to hotkey "2" under Combat Hotkeys. PVP DPS Rotation is set to hotkey "3" under Combat Hotkeys. Under the Gladiator/Paladin Key Map, DPS Rotation has one step passing "1" which in game corresponds to a hotbar macro assigned that key. PVP DPS Rotation has one step passing "Ctrl+1" which in game corresponds to a hotbar macro assigned that key combination.

When I press "2" on my keyboard the DPS Rotation fires off the hotbar macro as intended. When I press "3" on my keyboard instead of firing off the macro at Ctrl+1 the DPS Rotation macro fires off again. I can see the hotbar button being pressed in-game. Like the Ctrl is not being passed, only the "1". Ctrl+1 does trigger the hotbar when just pressed in-game like normal play.

I uploaded the config. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have multiple LOTRO stepped Pro setups, but this one for FFXIV is escaping me. Thanks!
https://pastebin.com/7y9BHgXR

Eldrinarr
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Re: Pro System - Rotations all triggering same in-game keys

You probably need to enable the "Hold any keystroke..." option for Mapped Keys that have an output with a modifier in it.
<<

Eldrinarr

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Hey MaRai!

I was not exactly sure where to apply this change so I tried it in each place I know of. Ha!

I only had it enabled in one of the below places at any given time. So, I did not enable all of them at once.

I made the change, saved, exported, and tested:

- in ISB42 - Virtual Combat => PVP DPS Rotation
- in ISB42 - Combat Hotkeys => PVP DPS Rotation
- in Gladiator/Paladin(custome Key Map) => PVP DPS Rotation

I still saw the issue of the PVP DPS Rotation triggering a "1" rather than a "Ctrl + 1". Is there another place I should toggle this setting?

Thanks!
<<

Eldrinarr

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:46 pm

I just did some additional testing to try and eliminate the FFXIV client as the source of the problem. I switched the hotkeys to Alt+2 as opposed to Ctrl+1 and saw the exact same behavior. Clarification: A "2" was passed to FFXIV, but no "Alt". So, it definitely looks like the modifier keystroke is being dropped when ISBoxer passes it. I Follow and Assist configured for this game as well. That operates off of the Simplified method you outlined in your videos and works great. It requires ISBoxer to pass "modifier + F11" or "F12" to the client.

Thanks!

Eldrinarr
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:06 pm

That was my mistake...

The Hold option will need to be enabled throughout the entire chain (except Virtual Combat)—I just tested this myself with FFXIV. So, Combat Hotkeys, the Class Key Map, and any addition Mapped Keys that get called (e.g. in the Action Bar related Key Map if you have one).
<<

Eldrinarr

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:21 pm

MiRai,

Thanks, that did it! I really appreciate the help, as always.

Until I get stuck again... =)

Eldrinarr

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration