FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Some Basic Problem Setting up Pro Config

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mandavar

Post Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:45 am

Some Basic Problem Setting up Pro Config

Hi there,

so far I have played using in game macro-castsequences for rotations and a basic is boxer setup.
But I'd like to improve my rotations and controls, so I have started watching and reading the pro setup videos and articles on youtube/the wiki.

The Basic virtualization seems to work.
For the Spells to correctly chain (I want to try a step based rotation using macro actions in the steps) I had to postpone the single steps by 1.5 seconds. Otherwise I can't chain the same spell twice.
1. Is this a correct way to do it, or is there an more elegant one?

I seem to have messed up something within the toggle and hotkey section. Regardless of wether I toggle the keymaps on or off, despite trying to implement the new keymaps within the toggle process, the keys I set up for my rotations don't work for anything else. Ever. I'd like to be able to normally use them when keymaps are disabled.

https://pastebin.com/Y9wyvsfw
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:06 am

Re: Some Basic Problem Setting up Pro Config

Mandavar wrote:The Basic virtualization seems to work.
For the Spells to correctly chain (I want to try a step based rotation using macro actions in the steps) I had to postpone the single steps by 1.5 seconds. Otherwise I can't chain the same spell twice.
1. Is this a correct way to do it, or is there an more elegant one?

The correct method is going to be the method which works best for you. As noted in the Building a Rotation video of the Pro System video series, you can also just spam a bunch of keys, and this also holds true for macros, as well. However, if you spam too many things in a given Step then unexpected behavior can happen.

Mandavar wrote:I seem to have messed up something within the toggle and hotkey section. Regardless of wether I toggle the keymaps on or off, despite trying to implement the new keymaps within the toggle process, the keys I set up for my rotations don't work for anything else. Ever. I'd like to be able to normally use them when keymaps are disabled.

It's because the "Combat Hotkeys" Key Map is not, by default, added to the toggle for Key Maps, and you will have to add it in yourself. Also, you can (and probably should) delete "Combat Broadcast Hotkeys" if you're moving to the Pro System.
<<

Mandavar

Post Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:59 am

Okay, thanks a lot.
I thought I had already done that, as I made that very same mistake once before.
But I seem to have messed up while doing so.

I don't know wether anyone is interested in this or not, but I try to figure out rotations based on an excel spreadsheet. I'm still working on my shaman and implementing his rotations, but more classes will follow. It's not that elegant, but it works quite well to figure out an okayish rotation fpr the toon ...
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:36 pm

Mandavar wrote:Okay, thanks a lot.
I thought I had already done that, as I made that very same mistake once before.
But I seem to have messed up while doing so.

You're right, you've already done so. I just assumed you hadn't by the behavior you described. So, with that, I don't see any reason why your Hotkeys would still broadcast with Key Maps disabled. Can you be more specific which keys are causing issues?

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration