FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"Do Not Advance" vs. "Mapped Key State Action" for GCD

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:59 am

Re: "Do Not Advance" vs. "Mapped Key State Action" for GCD

I don't actually use a timer pool reset for the GCD as part of the normal rotations, which answers your earlier question about whether you need to.

I have it setup so the GCD is handled in it's own mapped key in a different Key Map. The GCD mapped key has two actions, disable the virtual combat rotation mapped key, reneable it with the GCD timer (actually, there are some other actions which use a menu so I can see when the timer is on/off - this was for some testing I was doing).
In the rotations I call a Do Mapped Key action to execute the GCD mapped key.
I did this because, there are three things to keep track of for skills, GCD, Cast Time, Cooldown Time.
All skills in a rotation are normally configured to call the GCD mapped key, but if a particular skill has a cast time which is longer than the GCD, then it will have it's own mapped key in my Timers key map which disabled the virtual combat rotation for longer.

I realised that this was transferable across multiple skills and toons, so ended up with a Key Map which just has all my Cast Time cooldowns in it, and one of these also happens to be the GCD. As I've also found the GCD can be timed differently depending on lag/speed of the computer, then putting it in the one place, and just calling it from everywhere I needed to, makes it a bit easier to change it when I need to. Sometimes I can run GCD at 0.7s, on the odd occasion I've had to move it as high as 1.5s.
<<

Aradar

Post Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:29 pm

That's a great idea. It's much easier to adjust it in one spot.

In WoW, the GCD starts at 1.5s so that is my best case scenario, though I can probably tweak it down a little because of timing gaps already inherent in the system.

I've also split up the default key maps (DPS Rotation, AOE DPS Rotation, etc.) and the ones I've created (specific spells), mainly for the purpose of being able to sort mine without mixing up the default ones. Does pointing one key map to separate key maps (spell key maps and cd key maps) have any affect on the timing?
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:17 pm

bob wrote:
Aradar wrote:As to timers, what is the purpose of the Timer Pool reset? If the DPS Rotation has come back to that step, isn't it because the Timer has reset? Why reset it again?

Correct, it is not really needed in that particular case on your GCD. I guess that firescue17 put them into his config when he was testing it all out, and then it became just part of the process.
The only exception would be if you have multiple points where you could set the GCD Timer, and could end up with multiple active Timers in place (not that you should because your Timers should normally be used for one thing and one thing only).

/e put back your text so my response didn't look strange..

I put resets on everything in order to activate major burn commands independently.

Step 01 of my DPS Burn is usually the biggest / baddest ability available. In the normal course of action Step 01 will fire off my spam key. Often, when mindlessly spamming a nifty cool-ass spell will attempt to fire while the character is stunned or moving and will be interrupted. If it's a super-cool ability I really want to use I can manually re-trigger that particular step, in which case an explicit timer pool reset is required because the timer is already running. The timer started but the ability didn't fire in-game due to an interrupt of some sort.

After which I added them to everything for consistency and uniformity.
<<

Aradar

Post Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:48 pm

And now it makes perfect sense. Thank you.
Previous

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration