FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Returning Player - Forgot Pro Setup

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hits79

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Returning Player - Forgot Pro Setup

Just returned to World of Warcraft again, and decided to multibox. However, it has been a few years since I multiboxed, and at that time, I knew how to setup and properly use Pro Congr settings. However, back then it was a bit easier since I was playing all the same class. This time around, I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong. It seems that for my team duo (warrior & priest) I can only get DPS rotation working. I setup the Priest to use Panic Rotation for Heals and Shield, but she won't cast anything inside that. Will only cast DPS rotation. Could use some help here before i go crazy I just can't nail it down to what I am doing wrong..

http://www.privatepaste.com/ebb14a7f5d
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:46 pm

Re: Returning Player - Forgot Pro Setup

I don't see anything that sticks out and screams, "I'm broken!", but you're assisting your main before you use that shield or the heals, so... if you're assisting your main and it's an enemy, and you don't have self-cast enabled, wouldn't you be trying to heal and shield an enemy rather than your main?

I think that might be where the problem lies perhaps?
<<

hits79

Post Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:20 pm

MiRai wrote:I don't see anything that sticks out and screams, "I'm broken!", but you're assisting your main before you use that shield or the heals, so... if you're assisting your main and it's an enemy, and you don't have self-cast enabled, wouldn't you be trying to heal and shield an enemy rather than your main?

I think that might be where the problem lies perhaps?

I see where you going with this, however this shouldn't matter if I am using a macro that is selecting targetstarget. And thus, the priest should heal/shield the enemies target.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:50 pm

hits79 wrote:I see where you going with this, however this shouldn't matter if I am using a macro that is selecting targetstarget. And thus, the priest should heal/shield the enemies target.

This sounds like a convoluted mess and my diagnosis still stands. Isn't it more efficient to select the target you want to heal rather than an enemy and hope the enemy maintains your leader as a target? What if the mob that your main is targeting starts running away or decides to un-target them? If that happens then your healing setup has just been nullified and you're probably going to auto selfcast spells on yourself because your target (the enemy) will have no target to cast on.

Either way, what could easily be happening right now, because of the assist being in there, is that the client is being sent Shift+Backspace+4 which isn't the key you're trying to send. If you ever want to use FTL Assist in the future, it's safer to do a Do Mapped Key Action rather than continually calling the macro itself. Regardless, this still is far from ideal and I suggest you look into Advanced Click Healing since you're running the Pro Config.

Alternatively, you can enable debugging in the game to see what exactly is being sent to that character/client. Open up the in-game GUI, click on the Debug tab, enable Button, and start the debugging. WIth Key Maps enabled, you can press '1' and see what exactly is being sent to the character regardless of what window you're in.

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration