FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Action Timer Group and Pro Config

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Azorel

Post Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:52 pm

Action Timer Group and Pro Config

I have been spending the last couple of days, and broke the six pack party down that I run. I have them up and running with some nice long DPS Rotations for Virtual Combat Hotkey.

One of the things that I am watching while playing, is that the cool downs on ability's are either being ignored and or there is a dead piece of time before the char does it again. So with that in mind, I logged all the char out, and one by one started going over each ones DPS Rotation. After the first two I have changed pretty much all my config yet again, to make it so that each one only has a single DPS Rotation, and in the game, i am controlling the no fire / cold / etc with different hotbars. No my chars have DPS Rotations up to 20 steps long and I want to make them shorter and more refind.

So here's a current DPS Rotation ( Vanguard Bard lvl 55 ) global refesh 2.8 sec's

DPS Rotation
Step 1 > 5 Fire Dot ( 28 sec last no cool down )
Step 2 > 6 Cold Dot ( 28 sec last no cool down )
Step 3 > 7 Physical ( 28 sec last no cool down )
Step 4 > 4 Lull ( no cool down / no duration )
Step 5 > 1 Thread the Needle ( 30 sec last )
Step 6 > 2 Multiple Step in game macro, generic dps smash button
Step 7 > 2
Step 8 > 2
Step 9 > Ctrl+4 Hiner
Step 10 > Eaon's Blast ( 1 minute cool down )
Step 11 > 3
Step 12 > 2
Step 13 > 2
keeps going on.

So the way I read how its works. Each Step counts for 2.8 seconds ( Global ) so if I need to make it so that the next time the bard gets to step 1 i need to make 10 steps past that point, and if a char has a and if the char has a DOT that lasts 60sec I need to have 20 steps past that part.. Some of the classes have ability buffs that last up to 20 minutes that is going to make for some really longs DPS Rotations.

I did some digging around and reading tho couldn't find too much info, on or posts about Timer Groups. Tho from what I read might be away to make them alot smaller.

Idea
Make a Timer for each of the abilities that need a long duration before re cast / re do .. Eaon's blast for example

Step 1 > 5 Fire dot
Start timer 28 sec > Set Step to 1

Step 10 > Eaon's Blast
Start timer 60 sec > Set Step to 10

during the dps rotation after doing the generic dps macro
Step 6 > 2
Step 7 > 2
Step 8 > 2
Step DPS Roation to Step 6

This would as I read it, get the DPS Rotation to DOT / DOT / DOT / DPS Loop till 28 sec after Step 1 was done. Then keep going DPS till another 32 sec past and then do a Eaon's Blast.

So my questions about this Timer Action Function is :

Is above correct in the way I read the timer function ?

Is there away to monitor ie have a count down showing the timers live ?

Or is this completely wrong and I m missing reading the whole thing ?

Thanks for the input and help
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Re: Action Timer Group and Pro Config

It'd be a lot easier to follow and see what's going on by seeing your configuration. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

if the char has a DOT that lasts 60sec I need to have 20 steps past that part..

2 steps in a row are to send "2", you can combine those into one step that lasts for that long... but okay.. following what you're doing, if you want it to recast that after 60 seconds sure this is one way of doing it.

So the way I read how its works. Each Step counts for 2.8 seconds ( Global ) so if I need to make it so that the next time the bard gets to step 1 i need to make 10 steps past that point, and if a char has a and if the char has a DOT that lasts 60sec I need to have 20 steps past that part.. Some of the classes have ability buffs that last up to 20 minutes that is going to make for some really longs DPS Rotations.

I don't understand why on earth you would put a 20-minute buff into your DPS rotation. That sounds pretty not-pro.

Is above correct in the way I read the timer function ?

Something that isn't input to the game happens after __ seconds. I'm not sure there's another way to read it.

Is there away to monitor ie have a count down showing the timers live ?

No, not currently...

Or is this completely wrong and I m missing reading the whole thing ?

I might be inclined to consider another way of going about what you're doing. For example, you can create a second Mapped Key for some of the abilities you want time-locked. Tell it to "Reset to Step 1 after 60 seconds" (under Advanced), put the spell in Step 1 with a short "Do not advance", and put nothing in Step 2 with another "Do not advance" (either permanent and reset by the Reset option, or for example also 60 seconds). This is effectively a rotation for this spell, which can be used with a "Do Mapped Key Action" from your main DPS Rotation for this class..
<<

Azorel

Post Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:36 pm

The reason why, you have 2 of the same pushes is that there is a macro in game that has 2 attacks in it.. So I need to hit it 2 times to get that macro complete.

The 20 minute buffs are combat buffs, it was a bad example. I have changed the way they are used now. I have a click bar that tells that toon to do its key map instead of DPS rotation to get the combat buffs.

I m looking at your idea, trying to wrap my head around the example you gave with making a new key map, that has a 30sec hold on it.
<<

Azorel

Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:22 am

Wow.. Many Many thanks lax.. got me thinking.. and re read your post about 10 times. smoked half a pack of smokes.. and short term buff are all good.. Figured out how to get long term ones going.. tho going to have to wait for another night.. Thanks again

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration