FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How Would You Like to Control the Game?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rfarris

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:58 pm

How Would You Like to Control the Game?

At 6:05 in the video "ISBoxer 41 - MMO - Pro configuration" you (Lax) say something that confuses me. WRT "Standard MMO - Combat - Broadcasting of 1 through =" checkbox you say (paraphrased) "I'm not going to use these keys for the Pro configuration so I"m going to leave it checked."

I'm totally confused about that. If you're not going to use those keys wouldn't you uncheck it? Why have the overly or even the keys added to the Combat Key Map if you're not going to use them for pass-through?

Could you elaborate a little bit about why one would leave that box checked if one was going to manually bind the keys they plan on using? And why would you choose the overlay?

And finally, is there any way to change your mind once the setup wizard is over? If I decided a week later that I'd like to add or remove the overlay, or add hotkeys to the Combat Key Map can you run this portion of the wizard, or is it a manual process?

Thank you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:37 pm

Re: How Would You Like to Control the Game?

At 6:05 in the video "ISBoxer 41 - MMO - Pro configuration" you (Lax) say something that confuses me. WRT "Standard MMO - Combat - Broadcasting of 1 through =" checkbox you say (paraphrased) "I'm not going to use these keys for the Pro configuration so I"m going to leave it checked."

I'm totally confused about that. If you're not going to use those keys wouldn't you uncheck it? Why have the overly or even the keys added to the Combat Key Map if you're not going to use them for pass-through?

Could you elaborate a little bit about why one would leave that box checked if one was going to manually bind the keys they plan on using?

Your paraphrasing left out important information.
Here's what I actually said: "So under Hotkeys if you don't want those 1 through = Hotkeys to broadcast, make sure you un-check that box. I'm gonna leave it on because I'm not using those Hotkeys for my Combat Hotkeys for the Pro System"

I didn't say I'm not going to use the keys at all, just that I'm not going to use them as the Hotkeys for the Combat Hotkeys. Some people use the 1 through = Hotkeys as their Combat Hotkeys, e.g. 1 for the DPS Rotation, 2 for interrupt or stun, etc. I don't, it's just a preference thing. Why might you use it, there are times where I actually do want 1 through = to broadcast in this fashion. An example would be vehicle combat, where your normal Action Bars are replaced.

And why would you choose the overlay?

Why would I not choose the overlay? Menus give a lot of flexibility that is otherwise hard to get, and are completely customizable so if you find them somehow annoying you can change them to your liking.

And finally, is there any way to change your mind once the setup wizard is over? If I decided a week later that I'd like to add or remove the overlay, or add hotkeys to the Combat Key Map can you run this portion of the wizard, or is it a manual process?

You can't run this portion of the wizard unless you're creating a new Character Set. Which you can do if you're wanting to change your mind, and depending on what you're changing it may or may not save you time. Adding Hotkeys to the Combat Key Map is not done through this part of the wizard
<<

rfarris

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:37 pm

> An example would be vehicle combat, where your normal Action Bars are replaced...

That right there is what I was looking for, although it is very difficult for me to figure out what vehicle combat would be like with multiple toons. :) Is there a video?

So if you *do* make the overlay, can you move it someplace out of the way when you don't want it and have it not interfere with anything? Does it only "connect" when it's visibly overlaying other keys?

Can you make overlays later, without the wizard?
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:24 pm

The overlay you are referring to is called a Menu. You'll want to familiarize yourself with this information.

rfarris wrote: . . .if you *do* make the overlay, can you move it someplace out of the way when you don't want it and have it not interfere with anything?
"Menu State Action" can be used to show or hide a Menu.

rfarris wrote:Does it only "connect" when it's visibly overlaying other keys?
Not necessarily. It is possible to make a Menu with a Transparent Template. Nothing would be visible, but it would still be active. It's also not necessary to have the Menu overlay the in-game UI hotbar. Generally, that is for quick visual reference purposes, but it's not necessary.

rfarris wrote:Can you make overlays later, without the wizard?
Most Definitely. Create a New Menu, Menu Template and Button Set in the "Menus" section of the ISBoxer Toolkit Tree.

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration