FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Click Healing using "Like a Pro"

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Click Healing using "Like a Pro"

The purpose of this post is to explain the healing method I use with the "Like a Pro" method of configuring ISBoxer. It assumes familiarity and competence with that method. This is not intended as a guide. I do not have the time to write a full guide at the moment. It is part of a discussion and testing taking place here.

I always drive with my tank. I never drive with a healer.

I use a modified version of Click Healing+ updated for the "Like a Pro" methodology. It would be helpful to understand this method before continuing. This method involves the use of two addons (the ISBoxer addon and a unit frame addon capable of consistent unit ordering for all party members) and zero in-game setup. All configuration is done in ISBoxer and is therefore portable.

The image below shows my Party Unit Frames with a Click Bar containing three Buttons (green, orange and red) overlaid on it. Any Unit Frames that allow identical ordering (I use alphabetical) across all Characters in a party should work. I use Pitbull but there are other options.

In ISBoxer the Click Bar is set up as shown below.
Each button is able to activate 4 different Mapped Keys through left and right click, with or without Control held.

These Mapped Keys (there are 12 in total allowing for 12 different heals per Character) are in a Key Map called "Healing" which is exactly analogous to the Combat Hotkeys Key Map in the "Like a Pro" methodology. Each Mapped Key performs a Sync Cursor Action and then control passes to the Virtual Healing Key Map, the exact analogue of the Virtual Combat Key Map.

The Virtual Healing Key Map is identical to the Virtual Combat Key Map in that it's sole purpose is to be virtualised at the Character level.

On a Healer, I place additional Mapped Keys (named as shown above) in their Key Map. This is the same place all their other Mapped Keys go. Here is what my Holy priest Key Map looks like (pre-MoP).

As can be seen above, these Mapped Keys are tied to a WoW Macro Set. It is important that the WoW Macro is set up to use mouseover. This and the Sync Cursor Action mentioned above are the magic of Zorba's method and what allows driving from the tank (or any character).

The final link in the puzzle is the Character-level Key Map virtualisation.
Both Virtual Combat and Virtual Healing are virtualised as the same Key Map. This allows their function to be toggled separately (if required) using Mapped Key Virtualization Actions.

This method allows me to effectively heal from the tank while DPSing. Each Character's healing functionality can be toggled separately. If I start a new team with a new Healer I only need to add that Character to the appropriate Macro Set and Key Map and virtualise 2 Key Maps at the Character level and they can heal using this method - zero in-game setup. If I change the Spec of a Character they only need to have their virtualisations changed, either manually in ISBoxer followed by a re-export or using a Mapped Key with a Mapped Key Virtualization Action.
Last edited by Alge on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:01 am

Re: Click Healing using "Like a Pro"

So where you click (Left or Right click) on the unit frame (Green, Orange or Red) and whether Control is held or not determines which heal is used.
Rather than having Healbot, Vudho or Clique (for Grid) to interpret the heal.

You still need an addon for the unit frames.
That could be Pitbull, Grid or whatever else you'd like to use.

What are the advantages, over a Repeater Region (over the Unit Frames) which sends clicks with/without modifiers to a Healer ATG?
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Alge

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 am

Ualaa wrote:So where you click (Left or Right click) on the unit frame (Green, Orange or Red) and whether Control is held or not determines which heal is used.
Rather than having Healbot, Vudho or Clique (for Grid) to interpret the heal.

You still need an addon for the unit frames.
That could be Pitbull, Grid or whatever else you'd like to use.

Yes, you only have to set up the actual unit frames, not the healer behaviour as you would with Clique, Vuhdo, Healbot, etc. As long as the unit frames can do consistent ordering across all party members you can use whatever you like.

What are the advantages, over a Repeater Region (over the Unit Frames) which sends clicks with/without modifiers to a Healer ATG?

Every click activates an ISBoxer Mapped Key and so you get all the power built into that system. However, its main benefit for me is that it works the same way as the Like a Pro system, which means portability, interchangeability and consistency. I can replace a Holy Priest with a Resto Druid in a team with no more work then dragging that Character into the appropriate Character Slot and exporting. If I make a new team with another Holy Priest (or any other class/spec combo) it works exactly the same as any other Holy Priest I may have.
<<

muhamad ali

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:26 pm

Perfect, I'll get to work on adding your method to this configuration ASAP. You are a life saver :)
<<

propagandalf

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:27 pm

This is really awesome, thanks!!

I have it setup as you've outlined and it kinda works. The slaves have an issue changing to the correct target whenever I switch targets. When I switch target (mouseover a new party member) and click, they heal whatever they had targeted previously. Then, if I click the same party member a second time, that's when it works correctly (everyone targets the party members I've moused over and heals that party member correctly).

Any ideas?

thanks!!
<<

propagandalf

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Nevermind, I found the solution in Zorba's Click Healing thread.

Such an awesome setup, thanks again!
<<

muhamad ali

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:18 am

This is an awesome setup from my testing of this with a couple hours. I will be including this into the CLS configuration for others to use on the second release since I wanted to upload an out of the box DPS configuration first. :)
<<

muhamad ali

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:11 pm

Are you healing only with a Priest? Or do you have more heal classes?

Also, wondering if you have this setup readily avail for export so I can import into a test CLS and implement this accordingly or e-mail me personally at wownerdkiller [at] gmail [dot] com a zip file of all the contents, this would be awesome to put into the next release for CLS.
<<

Alge

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:01 pm

I'll send you my config file when I am at home. I have holy priest, disc priest, resto druid, holy pally set up to some extent. I've played very little yet this expansion and those healers are spread across a large level range.
<<

aveoamare

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 am

Okay well I got my click healing working, I even set it up to be uniquly mine =) http://www.privatepaste.com/cfe931f5cb

I set it up to have 5 buttons, small heal, medium heal, big heal, HoT, and group heal. I figure later I can always add more or change it. I made it 5 across instead of the 3 down since my party frames are set up like the default.
Next

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration