FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tuesday 17th May update has broken stuff

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nathanmnm

Post Tue May 17, 2016 2:03 pm

Tuesday 17th May update has broken stuff

So a minor GW2 update today (seriously its bug fixes and stuff) has caused merry hell with isboxer, have tested with 2 chars loaded on each system (usually I use 4 on two systems and load 18 total but testing with 2).

1 . Neither (32 or 64 bit) client seems to update through launcher now, it hangs after the main gw2 exe has been updated (fails to start main game updating). Can load and update each directory manually and close then try and load char set as usual.
2. Huge lag loading, couple of mins for each char rather than fraction of a second.
3. Massive fps hit running in innerspace (In low detail its down from 30fps on 3 chars and 60 on 4th to arround 10fps on two chars, I have not tested 4 yet, I think it will make me cry).

Have checked and it seems only one CPU is being used - for both instances. This is wierd, I will check isboxer settings and see if its a CPU issue (graphics is not working hard at all, ram is fine and cpu is 15% total (i7 so its all of one real core)).

I freakin hate updates.
<<

nathanmnm

Post Tue May 17, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: Tuesday 17th May update has broken stuff

Low fps issue seems to be fixed by setting each char slot to use all available cores (odd that this was never an issue till today).

Slow loading is a major issue, its taking mins longer than its supposed to for each char :/
<<

nathanmnm

Post Wed May 18, 2016 12:59 am

Timed it this morning, almost exactly 20 mins to log 4 chars - painful :'(
<<

nathanmnm

Post Wed May 18, 2016 2:02 pm

Ok so it seems to be network related, I say this as using the TP (trading post) doesnt work while another instance of the game is loading however it works fine once the instances have loaded. I can only assume that the network activity is being blocked or impeded in some way (doesnt explain why first instance loads slow unless innerspace is affecting the network?).

I dont know how the login servers work or how inner space deals with network connections (could the instances be trying to communicate on the same port?)

Can anyone suggest a way I can monitor this? Try and see what type of communication is being blocked (i.e. monitor outgoing network requests or something and compare with and without innerspace)?

Im out of the country for a week as of tomorrow but will continue to dig, I may be the only guild wars 2 multiboxer so its up to me! Hell I have been using isboxer/innerspace with GW2 for about 2 years, im not going to give up without a fight!
<<

nathanmnm

Post Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:17 am

So got back from 2 weeks out of the country last week and have found a workaround :D

The good news is that it seems reliable, no delay in launching clients (loging 18 using two systems is couple of mins, maybe 10s per client and 9 on each system so about 2 mins total rather than 40mins total)

The bad news is that it doesnt involve Isboxer/innerspace :( , so im missing the Isboxer features like one shortcut to launch a team (of 4 in my case) and higher fps for the focused instance (I have to have all instances set to 30fps low detail instead of 3 set to that and one set to double fps and higher detail).

As I am no longer using Isboxer, and given I have 2 years subscription left, is there any way I can pause my subscription so I dont burn it without benefiting from it?

Return to Guild Wars 2