FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't launch GW2.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tasha

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:38 am

Can't launch GW2.

I tried ISBoxer in EVE online so far and it works there haven't played eve for a few days decide to try it on guildwars 2.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2308

I followed the instructions here I basically did the quick setup wizard, and then I went under the characters tab, and linked each character or account to their seperate game directories pointed to GW2.exe

I created a seperate local.dat file and game profile names for them both.

When I try to launch the game it only loads one launcher, and no second launcher if I try to launch the game I get a borderless window with no actual game screen just like the border and I have to CTRL + ALT + DEL to close it.

EVE online works fine but GW2 seems to not maybe there is a step I am missing or something.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 am

Re: Can't launch GW2.

I created a seperate local.dat file

If you used the Quick Setup Wizard, local.dat is handled for you. What did you do more specifically?

When I try to launch the game it only loads one launcher, and no second launcher if I try to launch the game I get a borderless window with no actual game screen just like the border and I have to CTRL + ALT + DEL to close it.

The first time you launch the game it has to make a copy of the Virtual Files, so if local.dat is huge that could be an issue and may require waiting while it appears to be frozen. (This usually only affects Diablo 3 users.)

Otherwise, if the game seems to be frozen, you can try getting me "Diagnostics for game freezes" from ISBoxer's Help menu. It'll ask you to pick the frozen process from a list and click a button, and then you can send me the diagnostic file to lax@lavishsoft.com
<<

Tasha

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:31 am

Thanks fixed it was just taking awhile to load 400mb into memory both clients work now.

However is it possible to keep both characters together when running missions for example with broadcasting one character always gets far away more than the other character and its a pain.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:48 am

is it possible to keep both characters together when running missions for example with broadcasting one character always gets far away more than the other character and its a pain.

Sadly that is something you'll have to put up with in GW2, as there is no auto-follow. They have purposefully omitted this feature from the game, and this will limit your ability to move about as a group.

The answer to this exact question for games with auto-follow is covered under FAQ: Why do my toons move in different directions?, but there is no perfect solution for GW2 as far as I know
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:52 pm

Could you do something like...
Numlock = Auto Run (in many games, use whatever GW2 uses)

Then create a series of mapped keys.
Two steps, execute on press or release.
That activate mouse broadcasting, but only to a target window (not everyone).

Something like G9 = character 1, G10 = character 2, G11 = character 3, etc.

So you can push your hot key, broadcasting to only the target window, and adjust their course slightly.
And switch between windows, doing minute adjustments.

Not sure if that is practical or not.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to Guild Wars 2