FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anyone else being accused of being a bot?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Enko

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:03 am

Anyone else being accused of being a bot?

Seems like I'm getting accusations constantly. Would have to be a pretty sophisticated bot to be talking back to people or running through and doing multiple events, hearts, and dodging attacks.

For some reason people think a single person having multiple accounts is against the EULA.
<<

Prepared

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:49 am

Re: Anyone else being accused of being a bot?

Enko wrote:Seems like I'm getting accusations constantly. Would have to be a pretty sophisticated bot to be talking back to people or running through and doing multiple events, hearts, and dodging attacks.

For some reason people think a single person having multiple accounts is against the EULA.

It's called the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement and it clearly states that people can have multiple accounts. I opened a ticket and asked specifically if multiboxing was allowed. The response was that as long as there is no automation, it is allowed.

The problem is that pretty much the entire community knows of bots in the game. The entire community has seen screenshots and descriptions of bots all over the forums for Guild Wars 2. I tried to post there and let them know that a multiboxer is not a bot and that multiboxing is allowed and described the difference. And some very ignorant people replied with inaccurate information.

The irony of the entire thing is that no /follow system was put into the game. No macros, no addons. None of that stuff was added to the game and almost every where you looked prior to the games release, people were stating the game didn't need /follow, macros or addons because of fear of bots.

I'm not playing GW2 as much now because there is no /follow system. I'm back on WoW 40 multiboxing in Mists of Pandaria. If I were playing GW2, I'd continue educating the player base on the difference between botting and multiboxing.
<<

Ekpyrotic

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:36 am

The only players that know what a bot is are the bot's and the boxers. Regular players have no clue. Be the better person, be polite, cordial, and helpful when players insult you. Appease them. Use humor to calm them down. "Beep, beep, I'm a robot, beep. You are a smelly organic humanoid. beep." Bind some /say jokes, to key. Treat the other player as a little kid, or grandpa...they may be that, you don't know. (warning: if you entertain them too much, they'll hang out there with you.) You're going to see the same player over and over as you level/farm in the same areas. Assign some key's to /say the definition of botting and some standard answers so it's easier to chat with them.

You can go stealth. Avoid populated areas. Don't stack your toons on each other. Move and attack separately. Don't make your set of toon's the same race and class and look.
Locate leveling/farming sets of toons in different zone's, so you can switch set's if you get unneeded attention (drops are better and easier to pickup when my groups the only one there and I'm the one starting event chains). Character select or WP-out when you see guild tags that you recognize as problem makers. Player never stay in an event area for more than 30 minutes unless there's a dungeon near by.

Sometimes talking to the players is fun. When dont want to, I switch toon sets. Fun is the key factor.
<<

marshboxer

Post Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:34 pm

The more important question is why do they care when it's a game in which the greatest persistent achievement you can have is your cooking level.

Return to Guild Wars 2