FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Guildwars 2 best way to multibox

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Cylur

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Guildwars 2 best way to multibox

I'm having a huge issue run 3 account, trying to make them go the right way, what is the best way? I know that their is no follow, but can someone post a suggest setting to best run it?

Thanks, willing to also post new find as I go.
<<

Enko

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:44 pm

Re: Guildwars 2 best way to multibox

Would love to know as well. Currently, I can make do with 2 characters fine. I have movement keys for the second account mapped to the thumb buttons on my Razer Naga to do course corrections when running around. Don't really see any feasible way to do something similar with a third account. I've heard of reports of people multiboxing up to 5 accounts or more but see no way to do that effectively.
<<

Cylur

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:00 pm

That's a great idea, i'm going to work on setting up second controls for other toons.
<<

propagandalf

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:57 am

I only box 2 because I can control the two easily by setting the slave's movement to the arrow keys. I broadcast everything so WASD controls both, but the arrow keys send movement to "All w/out current". With some practice you can have the 2 character moving around together pretty efficiently.

I can't imagine boxing with more than 2, until either the game gets more boxer friendly (doubtful) or someone figures out some better ways to handle 3+.
<<

Enko

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Some of the issues I'm having is that the second client doesn't seem to pan as much as the first one so the camera ends up in a different position. When using ground targeted aoes, it gets frustrating. Same thing if you're turning by dragging the mouse. Doesn't seem to turn the same amount. Both clients have exactly the same settings. It almost feels like that ISBoxer isn't transmitting the entire drag.
<<

Cylur

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:49 am

Enko wrote:Some of the issues I'm having is that the second client doesn't seem to pan as much as the first one so the camera ends up in a different position. When using ground targeted aoes, it gets frustrating. Same thing if you're turning by dragging the mouse. Doesn't seem to turn the same amount. Both clients have exactly the same settings. It almost feels like that ISBoxer isn't transmitting the entire drag.

maybe it's due to the delay in relaying the key stroke. I'll see what I can find out.
<<

Prepared

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:09 pm

I use 4 accounts on one PC in tiled screen format where the screen is split into 4 parts. I do this on a 27 inch screen and it works well for 4 rangers. I've got a total of 12 accounts and I use 3 computers where each computer has 4 accounts running. It's hard to control them all going into the same direction but it does work. 4 accounts is relatively easy compared to 12 so what I did was level 4 to about level 48 and now I'm working on another 8 and up to level 39 for them. Once they all reach level 48, I'm planning to run all 12 together.

I've got 4 rangers, 4 necromancers, 1 guardian, 1 elementalist and 2 engineers. I like the rangers the best because with all long bows, they auto-face to targets well and have good range. I use bear pets so they take the brunt of damage while the rangers DPS.

I'm playing both WoW and GW2. For WoW, I'm playing 40 accounts on the Kil Jaeden realm and am up to level 86 so far. It takes a long time to level them in Mists of Pandaria because there are so many collecting quests to skip. Collecting quests are a royal pain for a 40 multiboxer such as myself. :-)
<<

JabbrWocky

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:32 pm

Prepared wrote:I use 4 accounts on one PC in tiled screen format where the screen is split into 4 parts. I do this on a 27 inch screen and it works well for 4 rangers. I've got a total of 12 accounts and I use 3 computers where each computer has 4 accounts running. It's hard to control them all going into the same direction but it does work. 4 accounts is relatively easy compared to 12 so what I did was level 4 to about level 48 and now I'm working on another 8 and up to level 39 for them. Once they all reach level 48, I'm planning to run all 12 together.

I've got 4 rangers, 4 necromancers, 1 guardian, 1 elementalist and 2 engineers. I like the rangers the best because with all long bows, they auto-face to targets well and have good range. I use bear pets so they take the brunt of damage while the rangers DPS.

I'm playing both WoW and GW2. For WoW, I'm playing 40 accounts on the Kil Jaeden realm and am up to level 86 so far. It takes a long time to level them in Mists of Pandaria because there are so many collecting quests to skip. Collecting quests are a royal pain for a 40 multiboxer such as myself. :-)

Hey Prepared,
Are you running your accounts on the Fort Aspenwood server, because I saw someone running 4 female rangers around. Man I don't know how u can control them so well to keep them going the same direction. Are u using keyboard and mouse or what?
<<

Enko

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:33 pm

if you don't use the mouse at all, I guess I can see it working. the rate of turn with keyboard commands seems to be right for all of them. It's only when I try turning with the mouse that things start going crazy.

I kind of wish there was a way to turn off the auto turning where it actually moves the camera. That causes my characters to get out of sync a lot too.
<<

Prepared

Post Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:47 am

JabbrWocky wrote:
Prepared wrote:I use 4 accounts on one PC in tiled screen format where the screen is split into 4 parts. I do this on a 27 inch screen and it works well for 4 rangers. I've got a total of 12 accounts and I use 3 computers where each computer has 4 accounts running. It's hard to control them all going into the same direction but it does work. 4 accounts is relatively easy compared to 12 so what I did was level 4 to about level 48 and now I'm working on another 8 and up to level 39 for them. Once they all reach level 48, I'm planning to run all 12 together.

Hey Prepared,
Are you running your accounts on the Fort Aspenwood server, because I saw someone running 4 female rangers around. Man I don't know how u can control them so well to keep them going the same direction. Are u using keyboard and mouse or what?

I was on Fort Aspenwood about 3 weeks ago. I was playing 4 Norn Male Rangers. I also had an elementalist and 4 Norn Female Necromancers there. I moved to Eredon Terrace. I leveled the Norn Rangers to 48. I'm now working on the guardian, elementalist, 2 engineers and 4 necromancers which are about level 40.

I submitted a support ticket to find out if Multiboxing is really allowed. Here's what I asked:

Is Multiboxing allowed?

I tried to search the forums but couldn't find anything related to this.

First, let's understand what we're talking about so these terms are defined below.

1. Multiboxing is defined as playing several accounts at the same time by one player. The player is at the keyboard playing the game just like any other player except the player controls several characters on separate accounts. The multiboxer is the player controlling the characters by pressing keys and using the mouse.
2. Multiboxing software - This is defined as software that sends the players keystrokes and/or mouse to all Guild Wars 2 clients for separate accounts. The same key pressed goes to all of the clients at the same time. A mouse button pressed goes to all of the clients at the same time in the same location.

There is no automation. There is only keys and mouse commands being sent to all of the game clients at the same time by the player that pressed or pushed the mouse button. The player makes the decision about what key to press to activate which skill at the time decided by the player. If the player wants to have all characters dodge at the same time, the player presses the key to execute that action.

Because Guild Wars 2 does not have a follow command, the process of controlling the direction for the characters is difficult but not impossible.

So the question is, is this allowed or will there be a ban to any players playing multiple accounts at the same time? The Guild Wars 2 User Agreement appears to state that more than one account can be used. Section 4.a states: "The Game requires at least one Account from NCsoft. You acknowledge that it is Your responsibility to establish any Account needed for the Game and to comply with any NCsoft provisions for establishing and maintaining such Account(s)"

This is the response I received today:
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us! Owning and using more than one Guild Wars 2 account is not against the user agreement, as long as there is no automation. If you have any other questions or concerns about this or any other issues, please let us know.

Best Regards,
GM Mourdyth
Guild Wars Support Team
Next

Return to Guild Wars 2