FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Game still resides in memory after closing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rakas21

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Game still resides in memory after closing

I finally got GW2 rurnning but I noticed that after I exited the game both instances of the exe files continued in memory and did not go away. I had to go and end process for them after each time I log out. I only noticed this after I tried to log into the game and it keep saying the .dat file was still in use.

Keep up the awesome work...may be a few more tweaks and updates and GW2 will be cake to multibox, right now its manageble but definately could use improvements.

Thanks
rakas
<<

Prepared

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: Game still resides in memory after closing

rakas21 wrote:I finally got GW2 rurnning but I noticed that after I exited the game both instances of the exe files continued in memory and did not go away. I had to go and end process for them after each time I log out. I only noticed this after I tried to log into the game and it keep saying the .dat file was still in use.

Keep up the awesome work...may be a few more tweaks and updates and GW2 will be cake to multibox, right now its manageble but definately could use improvements.

Thanks
rakas

I see this happening when the option to close the game from within the game is used. In other words, using F12 then selecting "Log Out" will leave instances in memory without anything on the screen. The game executables display in the Windows Task Manager and restarting the game won't allow.

However, if you go to Windows with Alt-Tab or the Windows key and then right click from the taskbar to "Close" the game, it won't leave them running.
<<

tanker

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:48 am

Re: Game still resides in memory after closing

There is also a "close window" action in the keymap menu, so you could bind a key to "close window" -> All

Return to Guild Wars 2