FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Any thoughts on GW2?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tanker

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:53 pm

Any thoughts on GW2?

I've been pondering buying a copy and running it solo before boxing it. How are people liking it?
<<

Korruptor

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:44 am

Re: Any thoughts on GW2?

The game is awesome!

There are a number of public events that a boxer using a stationary ranged with a melee or dual ranged classes can grind many levels from starting in Kennix hills (the second human area around lvl 15+). I currently play solo but I found that if I level a ranged class on my second account then I can have the ranged sitting in the middle spam shooting (which has auto-facing the enemy) while my melee runs around looking for targets sharing exp since they are grouped.

Btw GameFly has a nice sale going on now and I got a deluxe edition for $64

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/79806/gamefly.com-pc-digital-download-games-guild-wars-2-standard-edition-48-or-guild-wars-2-deluxe-edition
<<

jimthev

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Overall I like it. It advances MMOs and adds nice new features. I don't miss open world PvP but some people might.

Rather than an actual sequel to Guild Wars, It really is 'just' the latest MMO. Whenever the next string of MMOs come out, they will incorporate the new features of GW2, the same way GW2 incorporated the latest features of Rift, which incorporated the latest features of ... etc. After playing GW2, you wish whatever older game you played had these features, the same way you'll wish GW2 had the features of the next big MMO. I see it more of a couple year game rather than 5-6 year game the way GW was (for me).
<<

marshboxer

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:09 pm

These are my thoughts, take it however you like :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjTK6B9pXAE&feature=plcp
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:37 am

Hey Marsh,

I watched your video and you seemed to have little trouble playing two characters of the same class. Maybe you could elaborate a little on your setup for the folks at home.

Not that I am thinking of playing such a game!

Alge
<<

marshboxer

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:03 am

I use the ISboxer uplink to a second computer, and keyboard broadcasting only for movement and hotkeys...I pan the main screen constantly to adjust the facing so the characters are going the same direction.

Maybe on a multiwindow set up the characters will move in the same direction a little better, but I suspect without /follow it is still unpleasant as any latency will cause deviations in path.

Also the thief class was the easiest to play because its gap-closers actually is the most effective way to stack your characters in one place.

I'd say guild wars is more enjoyable played with just 1 account :<

Return to Guild Wars 2