FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Keeping character synced up

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Enko

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:16 pm

Keeping character synced up

So those of you who are multiboxing GW2, how are you keeping your characters synced together?

I've been able to get into both accounts and do some events with both but it seems like they separate out fairly quickly. Sometimes turning left or right will cause one of the characters to spin to the left while the other is only turning to the left and they end running in different directions. When running straight, the slightest amount that they're off from running in the same direction, will end up with the two characters moving farther and farther.

I've just been stopping to readjust them when they get too far. I've been thinking about mapping separate strafe and turn keys on my mouse for the second account so I can just nudge it back into place with a different command than the first account.

Edit: Well what's been working so far for me is putting turn left/right and move forward/back on the thumb buttons on my mouse. been going a lot smoother now. Not sure how some people are doing 3+ accounts at a time though.
<<

marshboxer

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:05 am

Re: Keeping character synced up

Even thought I have only play a couple hours.

I use mouse panning on one screen to continually aim my character in the same direction as the other character with mirrored keyboard turning. GW2 has autoface for attacking so keyboard turning isn't so "noob".

Also right clicking on a npc or party member actually faces ur character towards that person...but you must use keyboard turn to have that kick in.

Also...if you play certain classes with gap closers....call target+take called target+gapcloser (eg thief pistol 3 or dagger 2 shorter range). you can stack your guys on the same enemy as long as they are both in range to take the pot shot.
<<

Enko

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Well after setting up three accounts, I have found the problem with the secondary characters turning less. The broadcasted mouse movements do not seem to last the same amount of time. Windows 2 and 3 are staying together but are a bit behind the main window. If we can set up a dummy main window that broadcasts to all three, they should be able to stay together when using the mouse to move the camera. Is that possible?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:26 pm

First, if you are not on the development build of Inner Space, you can try that. The mouse will operate differently in GW2 between the two builds right now. To try it, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. This could potentially solve the problem you're seeing...

Secondly, yes, you can make a dummy window that broadcasts to all 3. It's called dxNothing, and it's typically used for Video FX, as in this thread here on the forums: How to add a blank window for your video feeds!
<<

Enko

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:34 pm

lax wrote:First, if you are not on the development build of Inner Space, you can try that. The mouse will operate differently in GW2 between the two builds right now. To try it, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. This could potentially solve the problem you're seeing...

Secondly, yes, you can make a dummy window that broadcasts to all 3. It's called dxNothing, and it's typically used for Video FX, as in this thread here on the forums: How to add a blank window for your video feeds!

newest dev patch didn't fix it. the 2nd and 3rd window are still staying together while the main one is a bit ahead. i'll try out DxNothing and see how that goes.
<<

Enko

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Actually feels like its worse now with the most recent patch.
<<

Enko

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:40 pm

lax wrote:First, if you are not on the development build of Inner Space, you can try that. The mouse will operate differently in GW2 between the two builds right now. To try it, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. This could potentially solve the problem you're seeing...

Tried the new dev build and the turn rate issue persists. Actually seems slightly worse now. Turning with the keyboard or the mouse does not move them at the same rate.

I tried using dxNothing to use the blank window to broadcast to the other three game windows. Mouse panning seemed to be much more consistent across the three game windows. Keyboard turning had the same issue.

I'll play around with my settings more and see if I can figure out anything else that can be causing it. Might try using ISBoxer with other games and see if the same issue occurs. If it happens on games that other people aren't having issues with, I guess it might be something with my own computer then.

Lax, is this issue not occurring for you (if you have Guild Wars 2 to test with)?
<<

Napalm

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:38 am

Have you had any luck keeping games in sync? Im using the latest dev patch also but i lose sync with my 2nd account within seconds of moving around. I would like to get more accounts but if i can barely keep one following me i don't think i could manage anymore =/

Only things i can do to help the sync is reload into a wp and use other buttons to move my 2nd toon around =/ gets frustrating after a while though.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:20 am

Napalm wrote:Have you had any luck keeping games in sync? Im using the latest dev patch also but i lose sync with my 2nd account within seconds of moving around. I would like to get more accounts but if i can barely keep one following me i don't think i could manage anymore =/

Only things i can do to help the sync is reload into a wp and use other buttons to move my 2nd toon around =/ gets frustrating after a while though.

To my knowledge Enko's issue is specifically to do with multiple PCs, and is not a new issue. It sounds like you're having a new issue?

If you are having a new issue as of the new build of Inner Space, you can try the previously-live build (5670) from the Inner Space archives. And let me know if that solves the problem! :)
<<

Enko

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:29 pm

lax wrote:
Napalm wrote:Have you had any luck keeping games in sync? Im using the latest dev patch also but i lose sync with my 2nd account within seconds of moving around. I would like to get more accounts but if i can barely keep one following me i don't think i could manage anymore =/

To my knowledge Enko's issue is specifically to do with multiple PCs, and is not a new issue. It sounds like you're having a new issue?

If you are having a new issue as of the new build of Inner Space, you can try the previously-live build (5670) from the Inner Space archives. And let me know if that solves the problem! :)

I am not using multiple PCs. It sounds like Napalm is having the same issue that I am. Right now, I am able to control three characters comfortably as I have the movement keys for the second and third accounts mapped to the thumb buttons on my mouse so I can make individual adjustments to them. If I did not have these extra controls mapped, the characters start separating after the first time you end up rotating or move the camera.

The simplest way to show my problem is to have 2 or 3 characters stacked up. Run forward and then rotate to the right or left with the keyboard. The main client and the clients getting broadcasted to will end up turning different amounts.

It almost feels like when its broadcasting, it is not broadcasting for the same amount of time that you hold your turn button down. With the most recent build, mouse panning keeps them together better but it's still slightly off.

Lax, if you'd like I can demonstrate my issue if you want to see what I'm talking about in game.
Next

Return to Guild Wars 2