FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

GW2 under IS - Lack of Mouse Panning

Moderator: MiRai

<<

marshboxer

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:18 am

GW2 under IS - Lack of Mouse Panning

Hi there,
Let me start off by saying what a solid piece of software is on offer here. Without it I wouldn't be <<farming more crappy legendaries>> (see sig lol)

I've seen this mentioned in another thread...

I've tried just launching 1 instance of GW2 on my main PC and holding down left or right click does not pan the screen.
On my second computer if I do the network uplink, it even decides to walk forward when i just right click.

Given that there is no autofollow - panning is the most important aspect (to me) of a successful dualbox...

Any ideas?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:08 am

Re: GW2 under IS - Lack of Mouse Panning

There's definitely a few GW2 issues for me to look into this week, I'll see what I can do to get this taken care of ASAP.

Also, welcome to the forums. Enjoyed your video intro :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:33 am

Inner Space build 5669, now the development build, should correct this issue. Since you should already be on the development build for Guild Wars 2, all you should have to do is restart Inner Space to allow it to patch up.
<<

marshboxer

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:15 pm

Thanks sir, you have just made my day (even though I'm stuck at work :>)
<<

Prepared

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:35 pm

lax wrote:Inner Space build 5669, now the development build, should correct this issue. Since you should already be on the development build for Guild Wars 2, all you should have to do is restart Inner Space to allow it to patch up.

Confirmed. Thank you SIR! It doesn't go all the way around like the game does but it's good enough to adjust camera angles and find Vistas that are high up.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I will see what I can do to correct that limitation.
<<

Binaryzero

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:48 pm

Just to add a bit more to this I am seeing issues with mouse turning, in addition to panning, it feels like you are only getting 180 deg of the 360, I am unable to pan the camera around to see my face.
<<

blahblahguy

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:26 am

it appears that the game window is still interpreting the position of where the mouse pointer would be if you weren't turning/panning and cutting off when it hits the edge of the window.. If I turn up the mouse sensitivity, I can turn further but still hit a limit when the 'pointer' gets to the edge of the window. I have tried this running the clients set to windowed and full-screen, same for both situations. Sounds like the edge detection needs to be disabled when the panning function is being used.
<<

Enko

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:48 pm

blahblahguy wrote:it appears that the game window is still interpreting the position of where the mouse pointer would be if you weren't turning/panning and cutting off when it hits the edge of the window.. If I turn up the mouse sensitivity, I can turn further but still hit a limit when the 'pointer' gets to the edge of the window. I have tried this running the clients set to windowed and full-screen, same for both situations. Sounds like the edge detection needs to be disabled when the panning function is being used.

Hmm I noticed this problem too.

Are you also having any issues with the second client not turning as much? I tend to have to have to reset the camera each time so it matches. Anyone know if there's a way to hotkey resetting the camera to a default position?
<<

blahblahguy

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Sorry, hadn't checked this thread for a few days.

I noticed some variance in the client turning range, this could be your mouse sensitivity in game. The other possibility is that the mouse pointer was not centered when you started turning. If the game thinks the pointer was 75% to the left of the screen when you start turning, maybe you'll get 25% rotation left, and 75% rotation right. I haven't been using the software the past few days so I haven't tested this.

As far as defaulting to a position, there's no key-bind listed for doing that. If you use the smart camera, it will recenter to look forward when you start moving, but that's probably the best you're going to get.
Next

Return to Guild Wars 2