FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem Launching GW2

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dfwfirerescue

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:18 am

Problem Launching GW2

Hey Guys,
First thanks Lax, I love ISBoxer and have used it successfully to multibox ToR, WoW, and Diablo III. Have never had any real issues, until I tried to use it for Guild Wars 2. I followed the guide posted here. I can manually launch each client from the separate game folders and I can also manually launch them from the ISBoxer icon by selecting each of the game clients I have setup. However my issue comes when I try to launch the Character Set as a whole. When I launch the Set, it tries to download each game client again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
<<

Prepared

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Re: Problem Launching GW2

dfwfirerescue wrote:Hey Guys,
First thanks Lax, I love ISBoxer and have used it successfully to multibox ToR, WoW, and Diablo III. Have never had any real issues, until I tried to use it for Guild Wars 2. I followed the guide posted here. I can manually launch each client from the separate game folders and I can also manually launch them from the ISBoxer icon by selecting each of the game clients I have setup. However my issue comes when I try to launch the Character Set as a whole. When I launch the Set, it tries to download each game client again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had this problem at first. When I made my copies, I hadn't patched to the latest release and it would try to patch each copy and wouldn't get to the login correctly. What I did to fix this was to patch first the base copy and then copy that folder to the others. Once I did that and corrected the local-loginname.dat files after logging in, I was able to get them all started and into the game.
<<

dfwfirerescue

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Hey Prepared,

Thanks for the reply, I have been watching your posts about GW2 for a long time.

I have correctly patched all the files, it still is causing this error. What do you mean by "corrected the local-loginname.dat files"- what do I need to correct on them? Thanks.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:53 pm

It sounds to me like ISBoxer is not set to use a different folder per Character.

The login thing, prepared for some reason cant type his password in the login screen and ended up jumping through hoops to get each guy's password saved by the client. You probably don't need to worry about login.dat as much as gw2.dat :)
<<

dfwfirerescue

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:45 pm

lax wrote:It sounds to me like ISBoxer is not set to use a different folder per Character.

Hey Lax,
Thank you for the reply. I do appreciate your continued development and all the help you provide on the forums and chat. The part I quoted was what I thought was wrong the first time, so I redid everything. And now I have redone everything a third time. Because I am not extremely skilled with these sorts of things let me explain exactly what I have done, and I believe I have followed the setup guide to a "t".

*For Reference I'm using Build 5664* And I did let it search for an update, to make sure I was not using an old build.

I am trying to run 3 copies of Guild Wars 2 (until I decide if I can do 5)- so on my gaming SSD I have 3 GW2 Folders (GW2A, GW2B, GW2C). They are all patched and up to date.
Next, in Inner Space I added 3 Versions of Guild Wars 2 each corresponding to the exe file located in each folder. (GW2A.exe, GW2B.exe, GW3C.exe)
I then ran the Wizard, from the first drop down I selected GW2A and GW2A Profile.
Added my 3 characters, XX-one, XX-two, XX-three. Setup the video options, saved and exited the wizard.
Then next under the "Characters" tab I selected each character and changed both their Game and their Game Profile to ones corresponding to each folder. (ex: Toon XX-one set to GW2A game, GW2A Profile; Toon XX-two set to GW2B Game, GW2B Profile, etc)
I then saved, re-checked each character to make sure they were linked to the proper game and profile. Saved again, exported.

Then I right-click on the ISBoxer Icon on my panel, select Character Set "Elementals" to launch my 3 elementalists.

3 Copies of Guild Wars 2 open, all attempt to do a full download of the GW2 client.

Alternatively- I can right click on the ISBoxer Icon Scroll Up and launch the games manually. And they all work just fine. I can launch GW2A fine, then GW2B fine, and then GW2C fine. They all work launching them this way, with no problem, and do not try to patch anything or download the entire ~14 GB client.

That is what is confusing me. Hopefully I explained this well enough, if I need to elaborate anything I will.
<<

candlebox

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:07 am

Whats up allen? What server you on bud? I started a guild on Northern snowpeaks or something like that. We dominate the WvW there for now.

Im looking at running a team as well, but am unsure due to the large amount of work involved.
<<

lunatyk913

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:03 am

I have same problem as OP
But instead of that happening sometimes
I get a window box that says *make sure C:\Users\**************\Documents\Guild Wars 2\local.dat not in use any help anyone?
<<

Prepared

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:50 am

I can duplicate this problem if I start from scratch (meaning that I delete the local-Charname.dat file from the "\users\loginname\My Documents\Guild Wars 2" directory) and don't have the box checked to Auto-play. If I do this, I can type in the login information to the first screen. However, the second instance will start downloading all over again. If I peek into the "\Program Files\Guild Wars 2 - 2" path, I see a GW2.dat file and a gw2-ISBoxerSlot2.dat file. Maybe there is something not right when the Auto-Play option is not used?

One thing to note, you've got to start each copy first so that the Windows firewall can be checked to by-pass each copy. This also ensures each copy is up to date and patched from the server.
<<

Prepared

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:29 am

Prepared wrote:

I can duplicate this problem if I start from scratch (meaning that I delete the local-Charname.dat file from the "\users\loginname\My Documents\Guild Wars 2" directory) and don't have the box checked to Auto-play. If I do this, I can type in the login information to the first screen. However, the second instance will start downloading all over again IF I didn't wait the first time I tried starting. Let me explain here... What's happening is that the first time you start things up, GW2.dat is copied to gw2-ISBoxerSlotX.dat where X is the slot configured for that copy. If I peek into the "\Program Files\Guild Wars 2 - 2" path, I see a GW2.dat file and a gw2-ISBoxerSlot2.dat file. So when things start up the first time, gw2-ISBoxerSlotX.dat is being copied from GW2.dat and that takes quite a while because the file is about 17gb. If the process is interrupted because the user thinks nothing is happening, things get corrupted and the next time GW2 is started, it's trying to fix things by downloading all over again.

One thing to note, you've got to start each copy first so that the Windows firewall can be checked to by-pass each copy. This also ensures each copy is up to date and patched from the server.

Also copying GW2.dat to gw2-ISBoxerSlotX.dat can be done prior to starting the instances with ISBoxer, but you've got to know which slots are configured right. This will make things start up faster and the login screens can be typed in.

So the primary piece to get this working consistently is not to use Auto-Play checked. If that is checked, the screens can't be configured with the correct login without going through hoops to get each login-Charname.dat file file copied correctly. And even then it's not consistent in logging in. Without Auto-Play checked, the login screen can be typed in and it works consistently as long as the gw2-ISBoxerSlotX.dat files are in the right places. If they are not, they will be copied by InnerSpace and it takes quite awhile. Plus another start of the Character Set is necessary to get the next gw2-ISBoxerSlotX.dat file to begin copying by InnerSpace. I found it much better to just copy those files in place manually for now.

However, even with all this working, click holding is still not working. That is, right or left mouse click while moving the mouse won't cause the character to move at the initial screen and the camera cannot be adjusted either while in the game. If that is fixed it will be good to multibox GW2 with Innerspace. I haven't been able to figure a way to get that working with the options in ISBoxer. Please fix that Lax! You'll be the MAN! ;-)

The click hold doesn't work for the camera positioning or character turning the character select screen. It works for map movement though.
<<

dfwfirerescue

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:24 am

Hey Guys,
Thank you for all the help, with the advice in Prepared's posts I finally got everything working. It appears it was not a problem with ISBoxer at all, my SSD was out of space. As ISBoxer tried to copy every version of GW2.dat (~14 something GB) into gw2-ISBoxerSlotX.dat my hard drive did not have the space, so when I tried to launch it kept trying to download the entire client. I cleaned the other crap off the SSD, which then gave it enough space to make the .dat copies and everything launched fine except it still tries to download the client for the first toon. So I fixed this my launching the team, killing the first toon, then relaunching that game version via the innerspace icon.

I agree with Prep about the click-holding, its sorta a pain but I can play around it. Just takes a bit more adjusting. BIG THANKS to Prepared and Lax.
Next

Return to Guild Wars 2