FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem Launching GW2

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gnetcham

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:46 am

Re: Problem Launching GW2

dfwfirerescue wrote:Hey Guys,
Thank you for all the help, with the advice in Prepared's posts I finally got everything working. It appears it was not a problem with ISBoxer at all, my SSD was out of space. As ISBoxer tried to copy every version of GW2.dat (~14 something GB) into gw2-ISBoxerSlotX.dat my hard drive did not have the space, so when I tried to launch it kept trying to download the entire client. I cleaned the other crap off the SSD, which then gave it enough space to make the .dat copies and everything launched fine except it still tries to download the client for the first toon. So I fixed this my launching the team, killing the first toon, then relaunching that game version via the innerspace icon.

I agree with Prep about the click-holding, its sorta a pain but I can play around it. Just takes a bit more adjusting. BIG THANKS to Prepared and Lax.

iam having the same prob but my ssd is almost full it was jus for small programs and now innerspace is seems to be tryin to use it as the buffer to make the VM run, I have my other ssd/Hd empty anyway i could get innerspace to use one drive over another? switch it from /c drive to /e drive? lol thanks for any help
<<

Prepared

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:04 pm

gnetcham wrote:
dfwfirerescue wrote:Hey Guys,
Thank you for all the help, with the advice in Prepared's posts I finally got everything working. It appears it was not a problem with ISBoxer at all, my SSD was out of space. As ISBoxer tried to copy every version of GW2.dat (~14 something GB) into gw2-ISBoxerSlotX.dat my hard drive did not have the space, so when I tried to launch it kept trying to download the entire client. I cleaned the other crap off the SSD, which then gave it enough space to make the .dat copies and everything launched fine except it still tries to download the client for the first toon. So I fixed this my launching the team, killing the first toon, then relaunching that game version via the innerspace icon.

I agree with Prep about the click-holding, its sorta a pain but I can play around it. Just takes a bit more adjusting. BIG THANKS to Prepared and Lax.

iam having the same prob but my ssd is almost full it was jus for small programs and now innerspace is seems to be tryin to use it as the buffer to make the VM run, I have my other ssd/Hd empty anyway i could get innerspace to use one drive over another? switch it from /c drive to /e drive? lol thanks for any help

Yes you can switch Innerspace from the C: drive to the E: drive. Choose Configuration in Innerspace and select Game Configuration tab. Then select the game and then select the Profile from the drop down lists. In the box "Main executable path" is where you can change where the game is launched from.
<<

gnetcham

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:56 pm

iam having the same prob but my ssd is almost full it was jus for small programs and now innerspace is seems to be tryin to use it as the buffer to make the VM run, I have my other ssd/Hd empty anyway i could get innerspace to use one drive over another? switch it from /c drive to /e drive? lol thanks for any help[/quote]

Yes you can switch Innerspace from the C: drive to the E: drive. Choose Configuration in Innerspace and select Game Configuration tab. Then select the game and then select the Profile from the drop down lists. In the box "Main executable path" is where you can change where the game is launched from.[/quote]

Thanks for the fix I can see its already set to e drive were the file is located but Iam thinking its becuase i didnt make extra copys of gw2 didnt think i would need to sence Iam only running 1 account and testing the waters.
Previous

Return to Guild Wars 2