FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiboxing GW2 is impossible fyi

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Prepared

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:29 am

Re: Multiboxing GW2 is impossible fyi

Mojoguy01 wrote:The problem Lax is that there isn't really a way to multibox GW2. It, quite simply, isn't like those other games where stacking all of your toons in the same direction will get you the same results as click-to-move titles.

GW2 is also HEAVILY movement based (dodging, etc). Mobility is a HUGE thing in GW2, and without a /follow system it's almost impossible to Box in GW2. I just tried with a buddy's account in the last stress test. Eventually toons desync quite quickly and have to be readjusted :(.

It's not impossible. It's hard to do because no /follow system is in place, but far from impossible. Like you said, they have to be re-adjusted, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to do. I mulitboxed 4 quite easily. With 5, it's a little hard and 10 is very hard to manage. But I'm still going forward if Lax can get the keyboard issue resolved.

As an update, I tried the latest Innerspace as of 12:30am on the 25th of August and it doesn't fix the keyboard issue as of yet.

by the way, I grabbed all of my important names the second the servers became available at 9:pm on the 24th of August. They were up the second after 9:00pm and I got all my names including Prepared, Temor, Worldwide, Teacher, Principal, Director and a bunch of others that I had on Aegwynn in WoW. Someone kept taking my names in the betas, but on release where it counted, I got them all! muahahahaa!!!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:12 pm

Development build 5668 of Inner Space should fix GW2 issues. (To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.)

As part of a temporary solution for the input issues, the *login screen* is not handled by ISBoxer in this build of Inner Space. So broadcasting your password will not work at the moment, but ISBoxer will kick in after you click Play.

Also, to prevent mouse issues after the login phase, make sure the game is set to windowed mode rather than full screen mode.

Please let me know if this helps with your issues and continue reporting any problems you have. Thanks :)
<<

slayah

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Prepared wrote:
Mojoguy01 wrote:The problem Lax is that there isn't really a way to multibox GW2. It, quite simply, isn't like those other games where stacking all of your toons in the same direction will get you the same results as click-to-move titles.

GW2 is also HEAVILY movement based (dodging, etc). Mobility is a HUGE thing in GW2, and without a /follow system it's almost impossible to Box in GW2. I just tried with a buddy's account in the last stress test. Eventually toons desync quite quickly and have to be readjusted :(.

It's not impossible. It's hard to do because no /follow system is in place, but far from impossible. Like you said, they have to be re-adjusted, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to do. I mulitboxed 4 quite easily. With 5, it's a little hard and 10 is very hard to manage. But I'm still going forward if Lax can get the keyboard issue resolved.

As an update, I tried the latest Innerspace as of 12:30am on the 25th of August and it doesn't fix the keyboard issue as of yet.

by the way, I grabbed all of my important names the second the servers became available at 9:pm on the 24th of August. They were up the second after 9:00pm and I got all my names including Prepared, Temor, Worldwide, Teacher, Principal, Director and a bunch of others that I had on Aegwynn in WoW. Someone kept taking my names in the betas, but on release where it counted, I got them all! muahahahaa!!!

Can you point me in the direction to multibox 5 accounts .. ? All my characters seem to lose each other
<<

Prepared

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:09 pm

lax wrote:Development build 5668 of Inner Space should fix GW2 issues. (To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.)

As part of a temporary solution for the input issues, the *login screen* is not handled by ISBoxer in this build of Inner Space. So broadcasting your password will not work at the moment, but ISBoxer will kick in after you click Play.

Also, to prevent mouse issues after the login phase, make sure the game is set to windowed mode rather than full screen mode.

Please let me know if this helps with your issues and continue reporting any problems you have. Thanks :)

It almost works. After rigging the different local-Loginname.dat files by logging in and copying from Local.dat, I am able to get past the login screens on 10 accounts on 3 different computers. However, in the game right and left drag clicking to adjust the view isn't working. What I mean is right and left click works, but if you want to adjust the camera by holding and moving the mouse, it won't work. Of the 10 screens, I couldn't get one of the screens to login to the correct size without the border so I manually got it in place.

The main thing is getting the local-Loginname.dat files correct to pass the login screens. It's a pain to login and copy each one. If that can be fixed along with mouse drag movement clicking it looks like it mostly will work. Mouse in all screens looks good and keyboard replication looks good so far.
<<

slayah

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:33 am

Prepared wrote:
lax wrote:Development build 5668 of Inner Space should fix GW2 issues. (To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.)

It almost works. After rigging the different local-Loginname.dat files by logging in and copying from Local.dat, I am able to get past the login screens on 10 accounts on 3 different computers. However, in the game right and left drag clicking to adjust the view isn't working. What I mean is right and left click works, but if you want to adjust the camera by holding and moving the mouse, it won't work. Of the 10 screens, I couldn't get one of the screens to login to the correct size without the border so I manually got it in place.

The main thing is getting the local-Loginname.dat files correct to pass the login screens. It's a pain to login and copy each one. If that can be fixed along with mouse drag movement clicking it looks like it mostly will work. Mouse in all screens looks good and keyboard replication looks good so far.

I got past all of that but attempting to manage 5 characters seems close to impossible(no ability to right click and pan the screen also), I have not tested for 2-3 yet.
Previous

Return to Guild Wars 2