FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiboxing GW2 is impossible fyi

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:19 pm

Multiboxing GW2 is impossible fyi

No Follow command, and trying to clone your movement keys is impossible as each character has a tiny amount of lag that desyncs the whole group out of a group pattern within seconds of moving anywhere.

Not to mention GW2 is heavily movement based, so again without a proper /follow system in GW2 you won't be multiboxing GW2 more than maybe 2 toons?

Move along :(
<<

losschris

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Re: Multiboxing GW2 is impossible fyi

that sounds horrible, I wounder if they did that on purpose? I think many MMO's like dual boxers because they add more subscribers or payers to there game.
<<

Prepared

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:36 am

Mojoguy01 wrote:No Follow command, and trying to clone your movement keys is impossible as each character has a tiny amount of lag that desyncs the whole group out of a group pattern within seconds of moving anywhere.

Not to mention GW2 is heavily movement based, so again without a proper /follow system in GW2 you won't be multiboxing GW2 more than maybe 2 toons?

Move along :(

It is very frustrating yes. However, it can be done in PvE with extreme patience. I mulitboxed seven today during the stress test for about three hours. However, I didn't use ISBoxer as I'm unable to type into the login screen when ISBoxer starts up the GW2 client executable. If there is another stress test, I'm going to try to set up the local.dat files so that the login and passwords are stored in the correct files for the logins I'm using to see if the automated login will work.

Were you able to get ISBoxer working with the last stress test?

I can't see how it will be possible to multibox in PvP with Guild Wars 2 unless there is some form of an auto-follow command. If ArenaNet adds an auto-follow and ISBoxer will work with Guild Wars 2, I will probably purchase many more copies of the game and may go to either 25 or 40 copies.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:51 am

I have no problem typing in the GW2 login screen launched through ISBoxer... What version of Windows are you using?
<<

Prepared

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:12 pm

lax wrote:I have no problem typing in the GW2 login screen launched through ISBoxer... What version of Windows are you using?

I'm using Windows 7 home all updated current through Microsoft update on my primary computer. My other two computers I'm using for Guild Wars 2 have Windows 7 profession all updated current. I'm using the latest version of Innerspace 1.11 and ISBoxer 40.3.0731.2 patched through all betas on all machines. I'm using InputDirector 1.3 beta along with ISBoxer. Would that conflict when Guild Wars 2 is launched? I wouldn't have thought so because I use the same PCs for launching WoW. This worked before Beta Weekend Event #3. Once BWE3 hit and the launch screen changed, I wasn't able to type into the screens to login. I'm not able to use the mouse on any of the screens to select anything either. The windows of gw2 launch and position according to my tiled configuration on three computers. I don't use swapping and have this disabled in the Window Layouts. I have a minimal ISBoxer configuration using the same repeater profile using the same black list for my WoW character sets which works.

I have "Hide FPS (framerate indicator" and "Disable Vertical Sync (allowing V-Sync may reduce "tearing" at the cost of FPS)" checked in all three of the character sets. I have a character set for each computer.
<<

Korruptor

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:12 am

Boxing aside, can IS run multiple GW2 clients on the same PC currently?
<<

Korruptor

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:10 pm

I will assume not at this point, pity I was going to resub just to be able to run two on one PC.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:56 pm

That would be silly considering it's been possible since beta. http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2308

The original discussion in this thread wasn't whether it will work in ISBoxer -- no reason why not. The discussion was about the lack of a follow system in the game. (Which people deal with in other games as well in various ways: Diablo 3, ROTMG, Dungeons & Dragons Online)

I have a patch coming shortly that should address Prepared's input issue. I don't have an early access account to test gameplay before the 28th, but it should technically work fine tomorrow for the people that do.
<<

Korruptor

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Cool, that's all the confirmation I was looking for, thanks Lax.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:33 pm

The problem Lax is that there isn't really a way to multibox GW2. It, quite simply, isn't like those other games where stacking all of your toons in the same direction will get you the same results as click-to-move titles.

GW2 is also HEAVILY movement based (dodging, etc). Mobility is a HUGE thing in GW2, and without a /follow system it's almost impossible to Box in GW2. I just tried with a buddy's account in the last stress test. Eventually toons desync quite quickly and have to be readjusted :(.
Next

Return to Guild Wars 2