FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is GW2 viable for multiboxing?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Is GW2 viable for multiboxing?

At the very basic requirements that we need to know are:
-/follow command, is there one? I didn't need to so i never tried (forgot to try it before beta ended).
-How many accounts == a full group? 5 or 6? This is needed to understand the bottom-line investment on the user's end.
-Did anyone get to run the instanced-dungeons with a full group? Is it not possible (given GW2's dodge mechanic, and active combat role) to run these by yourself boxing? Since there are no viable healing classes, and a full group of DPS can run a dungeon I imagine 5 x ranged classes with /assist is viable? Any idea?
-Is multiboxing legal with ISBoxer in GW2? Do we have an official statement on this yet?

Things we DO know:
-/assist, currently this is based on you targeting someone else and whenever you use a skill it attacks their target, so we have an easy form of assist already
<<

Prepared

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Is GW2 viable for multiboxing?

-/follow command, is there one? I didn't need to so i never tried (forgot to try it before beta ended).

There is no follow command at all. There is no word from ArenaNet that there ever will be one added.

-How many accounts == a full group? 5 or 6? This is needed to understand the bottom-line investment on the user's end.

A full group is 5.

-Did anyone get to run the instanced-dungeons with a full group? Is it not possible (given GW2's dodge mechanic, and active combat role) to run these by yourself boxing? Since there are no viable healing classes, and a full group of DPS can run a dungeon I imagine 5 x ranged classes with /assist is viable? Any idea?

There is a form of assist, but it works by having one character do a Call Target and the rest assist that called target.
I don't think anyone has had the time to level up enough characters to do an instanced-dungeon in the betas. Without auto-follow, it will be very hard to do.

-Is multiboxing legal with ISBoxer in GW2? Do we have an official statement on this yet?

No official statement from ArenaNet whether it's allowed or not. I've checked their official forums when they were up during all 3 beta weekends. I've also posted several times asking the question. But if you buy the game, I can't see how they can say it's not allowed. I purchased all my copies directly from them. So if they tell me it's not allowed, I'm going to get my money back.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:51 am

Re: Is GW2 viable for multiboxing?

How the heck can you multibox in GW2 without a follow command then? =|

Return to Guild Wars 2